Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: White Christmas

  1. #1
    Senior Member kyratshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe
    Posts
    10,004

    Default White Christmas

    The local weather forecasters in my area are wrong 80% of the time.

    They have given a 50/50 chance for snow on Christmas.

    Does that mean we have a 10% chance of snow or an 90% chance of snow?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?


  2. #2
    Senior Member hunter63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SE/SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,866

    Default

    I was told there would be no matf....

    LOL....we got 1" of snow......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

  3. #3
    Senior Member kyratshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe
    Posts
    10,004

    Default

    We have about an inch on the ground at the moment with winter advisory out for hazardous winter weather!

    Would you believe that?

    Winter weather advisory and the salt trucks out for 1" of snow!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

  4. #4

    Default

    I hardly remember our last snowy Christmas here. This year the temperature was 11 degrees Celsius (51.8 Fahrenheit).
    Everybody has a different way to view the world...

  5. #5
    Administrator Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    57,416

    Default

    We have a couple of inches on the ground and it is 17F this morning. Windy, too. Glad my cave has central heat and my woolly mammoth comes from Kroger. I would have lasted about 3 seconds as a cave man.

  6. #6

    Default

    All weather is 50/50.
    Either it snows or it doesn't.
    Can't go wrong with those odds.

    4" here this morning. Fire burning. Coffee made. Food available.
    Just waiting for the fam to get up.
    Last edited by LowKey; 12-25-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

  7. #7
    Senior Member randyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    tip of the mitt
    Posts
    5,216

    Default

    snowing here at the tipp of the mitt. I like snow, more the better. Keeps the bugs down and the tourists away. Not that I mind tourists but this give us a break.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

  8. #8
    Senior Member kyratshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe
    Posts
    10,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    We have a couple of inches on the ground and it is 17F this morning. Windy, too. Glad my cave has central heat and my woolly mammoth comes from Kroger. I would have lasted about 3 seconds as a cave man.
    Yep, I am just east and south of you and we get our weather right off your fair city. It hits us about 4 hours latter.

    I have 24 degrees here at noon and the same 10-15 mph wind. Feels way colder than it is and the woolly mammoths are in no danger from me at the moment.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-25-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    S.W. Idaho, USA
    Posts
    904

    Default

    We have about six/seven inches of snow on the ground and it is snowing lightly as I type this. Guess I'll have to get the shovel out later this afternoon.

    Merry Christmas to all.

    S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

    - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

  10. #10

    Default

    It's -1 F with snow on the ground here so yay?

  11. #11

    Default

    Just cloudy and 30f here. It has been cloudy or rain for about 8 or 9 days now . That's rough on the batteries . Had backup power sources die back in the fall . So I pulled up close with my jeep ,connected an inverter to it and ran a cord to a battery charger . Now I'm good for a few days .

  12. #12
    Senior Member kyratshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe
    Posts
    10,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    Just cloudy and 30f here. It has been cloudy or rain for about 8 or 9 days now . That's rough on the batteries . Had backup power sources die back in the fall . So I pulled up close with my jeep ,connected an inverter to it and ran a cord to a battery charger . Now I'm good for a few days .

    "Back in the day" I had a deep cycle battery in the bed of the truck as #2 in a dual battery system. I would charge it up plugged to a lamp post at work, then pull up close to the RV and run off it each night.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

  13. #13
    Super Moderator crashdive123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    43,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    All weather is 50/50.
    Either it snows or it doesn't.
    Can't go wrong with those odds.

    4" here this morning. Fire burning. Coffee made. Food available.
    Just waiting for the fam to get up.
    I'm just guessing that my odds of no snow are a little better than 50%.
    Can't Means Won't

    My Youtube Channel

  14. #14
    Administrator Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    57,416

    Default

    Well, depends on where it comes from. Ours comes from the sky. Yours might come from someplace south of you. In that case, your odds go Waaaaaaaaay up.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    In recent years, my concept of a White Christmas has been white coral sand and coconut palms. Bing Crosby had a different idea.

  16. #16
    Senior Member hunter63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SE/SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,866

    Default

    Still about an inch.....and cold enough that Keiii Birds are out..
    Low was 1 degree.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

  17. #17
    Super Moderator crashdive123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    43,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well, depends on where it comes from. Ours comes from the sky. Yours might come from someplace south of you. In that case, your odds go Waaaaaaaaay up.
    Well, that's true. Square Grouper is probably more likely during a walk on the beach.
    Can't Means Won't

    My Youtube Channel

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •