Thread: Orm-d

Default Orm-d

Santa Claus dropped off some boxes marked ORM-D. About three hundred pounds worth. Now to find time and more importantly energy to do something with it. LOL
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Hey! I know him. He's been to my house a few times. Nice guy. Never weighed that much when he was around here. Probably holiday meals.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Is that all those Swiss 6.5 blanks?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

yup the 6.5 swede blanks, all 4800 rounds of them. Now I need to look through the bullet molds and see what might be there.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I just got a shipment myself!

An assortment of .308 steel cased stuff for accuracy testing. Whichever is best will get a bulk purchase after Christmas.

I have reached a crossover point with .308 where the surplus stuff is cheaper than I can reload the same.

Unless I am doing precision long distance target loading or hunting soft points it is not worth the time taken for case prep and production. My reload cost is $0.45 just for powder/primer/slug and I can buy surplus for $0.36!

I have never worried about keeping a big stash of .308 due to reloading them, but a small stockpile of that particular caliber is becoming an attractive goal.

I can combine the versatility of the 30 caliber components due to loading for .308/30-06/.300win-mag with only a shift in powders.

My 30-30 reloads are mainly cast lead propelled by pistol powder, so I can shoot them as cheap as a .22lr. They are not up to factory performance but they do reach that "good enough" threshold so you could shoot a deer with them if that was what you had in your hands when you saw it.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?