Thread: primed 6.5 swede

Default primed 6.5 swede

I came across some wooden bulleted 6.5 blanks for 257 dollars delivered for a 4800 round case. With the bullets pulled and the powder dumped that come in at just a little over 5 cents a round for primed brass.

Growing up we would not load blanks. I've been reading the swedes made their blanks on regular production brass. With that in mind that is a great deal for 6.5 swede primed brass. I may give some a try.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Are those boxer primed?

Still a good deal even if not reloadable!

With the wooden bullets you do not have to deal with a star crimp, just check case length, charge them up, seat a bullet and shoot.

5000 rounds?

Good thing Harbor Freight ammo boxes are on sale!

and you are going to need more concrete block piers under the floor.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

they are berdan primed but still LOL. I would probably still keep them on the light side but 6.5 swede was not really meant to to fired hot.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Corrosive?

Alan

I'm not sure if it's corrosive. J&G sales recommends it be treated as corrosive but I have read that the swedes never made a corrosive 6.5, other calibers but not that one. I have also read that the swedes did not make specific cases for blanks. They reloaded fired brass into these wood bullet blanks. I pretty much treat all military surplus as corrosive though.

Well, even if they are it's still cases and primers for a little more than just primers. If you shoot your Swede a lot, it's a really good deal.

Alan

Then you can sell the brass and be even more ahead.

Alan

normally I wouldn't consider brass from a blank for reloading, maybe light load like a cat sneeze load. All the info I've been finding indicates that the swedes used "real brass" for their blanks. So I pulled the trigger and ordered 4800 rounds

Just from a quick internet look, your spent brass is likely a bit more than 150 gr per. Thats 105+/- hundred pounds X average price of $1.32/# = almost $140.00.

So, your actual cost is $117 or $.0244 cents@/primed case.

Did you have to wear a bandana over your face when you ordered it?

Alan

I almost ordered two cases