Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: skills to match your trauma kit

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeePettimore View Post
    I didn't mean, DIOY. I guess I meant "amateur gynecology."

It just goes to show that you never know how people are going to take what you say/type.
    One year I had found a antique Dr.'s black bag at a flea market ....was in good shape.

So added a flashlight and some rubber gloves to the bag....Then go to Halloween costume parties as an "amateur" gynecologist.

Never got any takers........kinda gave up on that.....so now that bag is a my black powder revolver range and storage bag.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Oh Yeah.....See? One of those moments.
    I guess so, huh?

I shouldn't've tried to steal your thunder after the breaatfeeding comment anyway.

All in fun.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

I took up that amateur whatever and developed a bad case of tunnel vision.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Again, just curious - what scenario do you envision where the hospitals would be closed?
    Didn't we see that in 2017 at Huston?

hospital.jpg
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Didn't we see that in 2017 at Huston?

hospital.jpg
    For a few days and very localized. I just don't see hospitals shutting down for an extended period of time and in a widespread area ---- that's why I asked.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Out where I live and even more so many of the places I pack into, you might be a long way from the road. Some places up here it could take multiple days to get to the road. Then you have to load up your horses and drive several more hours to a town big enough to have a fully stocked E.R. The closest on to my house alone is so small that they do not have anti venom and can treat very little out side of larger booboos. Most of the time they just call an ambulance and have take you to the next biggest town that is an hour away if you speed. As such I carry a well stocked get home bag that could last me a week traveling on foot. Part of this bag is a full trauma kit that I added some minor first aid stuff to so it gam treat anything from a booboo to stabilizing a gunshot wound or animal attack so you can get the person beck to the road.
    “Not all those who wander are lost”
    I would rather be out there.
    Never leave home without a knife.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If I ever go hunting with you remind me that I need to bring my Garmin In-Reach so if I am hurt I can press the button on the side and have a helicopter there in 30 minutes.

Hopefully they will take me straight to a hospital with a landing pad and skip the local vet, and the week long horseback ride holding my guts in with my hands.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You could safety pin them in but...yeah...I get your point. When my grandfather was a young man his appendix burst. He rode in the back of a wagon to the hospital. A bouncy, bumpy ride to the hospital. I have no desire to make that trip a family tradition. If I can arrange for all my accidents to occur in a Level I Trauma Center, all the better.

Hell, walking across the yard is pretty dangerous sometime. I'll fall down if I stand in one place too long.

Humorous interlude on trauma...

#1 son was over here cutting up a downed tree. He said the son of one of his workers had called him (because he didn't want to ask his parent) and asked "How do you know if you've broken your leg?" #3 said, "Well, for one thing you won't be on the phone asking that question..." The boy had hit himself on the shinbone with a rubber mallet.

Alan

#3 asked, "Why on earth would you hit yourself in your shin with a rubber mallet?"

Friend. "I dropped a hammer on my toe and it hurt so bad I had to do something to forget about the pain.

#3. "Good plan."

As for me, many manufacturers of survival kits and hiking equipment take advantage of the fact that many of people are beginners and do not understand which is more useful. I have very little experience of camping and hiking, but I have already learned that it is better to assemble a first-aid kit yourself, choosing high-quality medicines. The same goes for equipment. This is how I chose everything I needed. But we still have to find a good tent. Looked at an overview of the options in this blog https://homemakerguide.com/best-tents-for-camping/ and as long as the options are pleasant, the prices are normal. Which model do you think will be more practical?

More practical for what? What do you intend to use the tent for and how many people? Are you car camping? Backpacking? How many seasons do you intend to use it? First, you have to define its intended use then you can figure out which tent is best for you.

While this sticky is talking about packs and not tents, you will get the idea of what kind of information is needed to give a meaningful reply.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...out-A-New-Pack
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    More practical for what? What do you intend to use the tent for and how many people? Are you car camping? Backpacking? How many seasons do you intend to use it? First, you have to define its intended use then you can figure out which tent is best for you.
    We are usually 2-3 people. We leave from April to September inclusive. In the cold season, they have not yet tried and not set a goal.

Am I understanding that you will be spending 6 months at a time in the tent, or that is just the period of time that you camp? There are so many questions in order to give you helpful advice.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Oh no, what are you. There is still work to do. We get out for the weekend and when on vacation, then it is possible for a week or so. Unfortunately, modern life allows few people to spend a lot of time as they want.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    We are usually 2-3 people
    assemble more company

then you can spend more time together

not just for the weekend

When did they move Indianapolis to the Ukraine?