Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knives of NCIS......

Default Knives of NCIS......

Looking at the damascus blades on Randallss7 new folders...Brought to mind the knife carried and used by LeRoy Jethro Gibbs is several episodes.

The series has been around a while and is still popular...have give our culture some nuggets of wisdom.

One being "Gibb's Rules".....(a subject in itself)....my favorite being "Rule #9".....Never go anywhere without a knife.

https://ncisknives.com/

Gibs knife :Strider/ Onion Folder ZT301...which is discontinued.....replaced by the Zero Tolerance 0303 Strider / Onion Folder

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I do not own any of these, so can't endorse them.....
    Just thought it was interesting.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

You guys can look threw my photo bucket just about you can look back to the early days when I 1st started and even see the really ugly ones...lol.

http://s1248.photobucket.com/
    Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellers they are established.

s.pottscustomknives@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/s.pottscustomknives
    http://s1248.beta.photobucket.com/us...llss7/library/

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I have a cheap knock off of that knife here by the computer, which I use as a letter opener.

Mine has never been on TV.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by randallss7 View Post
    You guys can look threw my photo bucket just about you can look back to the early days when I 1st started and even see the really ugly ones...lol.

http://s1248.photobucket.com/
    That link take me to my bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I have a cheap knock off of that knife here by the computer, which I use as a letter opener.

Mine has never been on TV.
    I'm gonna bet that the TV knife has never cleaned a deer.......

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    That link take me to my bucket.
    try this one
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/randallss7/library/
    Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellers they are established.

Yeah Thanks....That worked...
    Lot of work there, 91 pages in the first section alone....Wow.

Very nice....

I have that knife without tiger stripe, well built, easy flipper, put mine to work on everything has held up great, holds a edge well
    Semper Paratus

Yeah Thanks....That worked...
    Lot of work there, 91 pages in the first section alone....Wow.

Very nice....
    I would guess it has nearly every knife I have ever made, since I started making them for other people. I've made knives off and on since I was about 12, before there was internet...lol.

Looking at the damascus blades on Randallss7 new folders...Brought to mind the knife carried and used by LeRoy Jethro Gibbs is several episodes.

The series has been around a while and is still popular...have give our culture some nuggets of wisdom.

One being "Gibb's Rules".....(a subject in itself)....my favorite being "Rule #9".....Never go anywhere without a knife.

https://ncisknives.com/

Gibs knife :Strider/ Onion Folder ZT301...which is discontinued.....replaced by the Zero Tolerance 0303 Strider / Onion Folder

I do not own any of these, so can't endorse them.....
    Just thought it was interesting.
    I've got the ZT ken Onion. Exact same one that Gibb's used on the show. I really LOVE mine. Only issue is it is a PITA to sharpen.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

I'm gonna bet that the TV knife has never cleaned a deer.......
    Neither has mine! YET!
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

I would guess it has nearly every knife I have ever made, since I started making them for other people. I've made knives off and on since I was about 12, before there was internet...lol.
    I gonna guess that none of the NCIS knives are Damascus blades.......looks like the blade on that ZT301 is a finish.....?

That blade looks like an acid etch treatment to me

That blade looks like an acid etch treatment to me
    Maybe...or powder coat ......but that doesn't look like damascus.....

Those ZT's are sooooo darn expensive though, well this side they are like about a persons half Monthly salary.... i.e about R3500-5000 rand.. (if you think a decent ok salary is 10k a month... over hear, which is less than 1000 usd. 5000 ZAR is equal to about 360 USD.)

http://www.sharpedge.co.za/search/?f...McNmuf&q=ZT350 The only local place I can find ZT similar model from locally here.

but I highly doubt those cost over 300 usd there.
    I get so sad cause anything that is nice that comes from USA, here is going to cost twice as much as it would there, cause of importing it and a mark up.
    So yeah to give a perspective, I earn a really decent salary here, that knife if you could find it here would be a bout 1/4 of my monthly salary to purchase it..
    Help an african out man, I can barely afford decent gear.
    Like a chris reeves, knife here... I kid you not for the Sebenza, last I priced it was R7500...
    A spider co paramilatry II in sv30 well thats about 4.5k-6k
    A run of the mill Beker bk2 is 2.5k ( i have 1 )
    I mostly run around with keep a Chinese clone, out of 8cr13mov of a f1 fallkniven.. or take my bk2
    it is very costly, in fact here it is often cheaper to buy a local custom knife from a maker than buying a production knife.

But yeah in the end of the day, you dont actually need very expensive equipment, you just need to know what to look for, and an OKISH steal like a stainless 440c or 8rc13mov, or a more expensive sandvick steel (but still affordable) its how they heat treated that makes the world of difference...
    But yeah I can only dream of a nice folder... my most expensive folder is likely a CRKT m21... and I hardly edc it.. I tend to edc cheaper knifes like a schrade folder.. cause darn I hate to snap a folders blade ( I did that to a cheap kershaw and it was heart breaking)
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 12-08-2017 at 03:22 AM.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Its far cheaper to run around with mcgiver's Swiss army/ Vitorinanox here
    So yeah I wont be buying any knives seen on any shows soon actually.
    Except maybe the knife from supernatural, that thing is a demon killing knife, and well, that I want for reasons hahahahaha :P
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

SAK and Schrade are my EDC......

The other bigger and belt knives are for outings and carry around at the "Place"....
    Carrying a belt knife in Walmart would get you arrested. ...

So when the EDC subject come up...and all these extensive kits are posted with a BAK (bigazzknife) as a wear to church, school or Walmart...I just kinda laugh.

The reason I say looks like an acid treatment is because I went threw a phase a few years back and made a lot of these and did several different acid treatments on them
    Looks similar

Yes I does...looks a lot like it....,

BTW....
    Was watch an old episode of NCIS yesterday....Tony used a similar belt buckle knife to unlatch a cell door...

hung it out the window with his belt....
    and of course used the line..."never go anywhere without a knife....."

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    Those ZT's are sooooo darn expensive though, well this side they are like about a persons half Monthly salary.... i.e about R3500-5000 rand.. (if you think a decent ok salary is 10k a month... over hear, which is less than 1000 usd. 5000 ZAR is equal to about 360 USD.)

http://www.sharpedge.co.za/search/?f...McNmuf&q=ZT350 The only local place I can find ZT similar model from locally here.

but I highly doubt those cost over 300 usd there.
    I get so sad cause anything that is nice that comes from USA, here is going to cost twice as much as it would there, cause of importing it and a mark up.
    So yeah to give a perspective, I earn a really decent salary here, that knife if you could find it here would be a bout 1/4 of my monthly salary to purchase it..
    Help an african out man, I can barely afford decent gear.
    Like a chris reeves, knife here... I kid you not for the Sebenza, last I priced it was R7500...
    A spider co paramilatry II in sv30 well thats about 4.5k-6k
    A run of the mill Beker bk2 is 2.5k ( i have 1 )
    I mostly run around with keep a Chinese clone, out of 8cr13mov of a f1 fallkniven.. or take my bk2
    it is very costly, in fact here it is often cheaper to buy a local custom knife from a maker than buying a production knife.

But yeah in the end of the day, you dont actually need very expensive equipment, you just need to know what to look for, and an OKISH steal like a stainless 440c or 8rc13mov, or a more expensive sandvick steel (but still affordable) its how they heat treated that makes the world of difference...
    But yeah I can only dream of a nice folder... my most expensive folder is likely a CRKT m21... and I hardly edc it.. I tend to edc cheaper knifes like a schrade folder.. cause darn I hate to snap a folders blade ( I did that to a cheap kershaw and it was heart breaking)
    Mine retailed for between $450-$600 found it at a local outdoor store for $350