Thread: Dang Thing Followed Me Home

Default Dang Thing Followed Me Home

Honest. I kept tellin' it to go but it followed me to the truck. What was I supposed to do? Leave it all alone in the parking lot?

Sportsman Outdoor Superstore had a sale on the Browning Buck Mark Camper. The dang thing was $279 with a $100 rebate from Browning. With the transfer fee it was $209. Sorta hard not to buy at that price. I didn't have a .22 semi auto and wanted one for my grandson so it fit the bill.

This is off the internet thingy.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Fun Gun!!!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Grand-kids are about the only real reason to own a 22 pistol.

I went without one for 25 years and bought one 10 years ago for the G-kids to shoot. They are the only ones that have ever fired the thing after the first two magazines I put through it to make sure it worked.

Even the g-kids want to step up to a 38 or 9mm as soon as they can.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I like it.... and can't beat that price....
    When the poor thing says..."Take me home...Take me home"
    What are you gonna do?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yep, now and then you have to reach way down deep inside and rescue some poor firearm from a lonely life on a shelter shelf, placement on a penny auction or dismemberment to supply spare parts to keep other firearms alive.

The little ones are the ones I have a difficult time resisting but now and then a big old ugly one will beg me to go home.

As long as they get along with the others there is usually no problem but sometime they have to have a special diet and Randy -T has to be consulted for proper feeding instructions.

NRA Gallery Bullseye matches are a good reason to own a .22 pistol.
    It ain't as easy as it looks, and it's a really good reason to get out of the house during the winter match season.
    We have a lot of fun.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

that's awesome. I heard about the good deal and almost picked one up
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Nothing wrong with a 22 pistol. Among more than several others, I have a High Standard Supermatic. A friend of mine shot a little buck and after an appropriate wait time we began walking to it. About 30 yards out the buck raised his head. I shot him in the ear hole and that was that. For a long time I carried a Ruger Single Six to administer the Coup de Gras to deer and hogs. I was carrying a Ruger 22/45 but I found a Colt woodsman 4" barrel in a pawn shop for and extraordinary price and it fits nicely in the 22/45 holster.

Now, Rick, while your Browning is a beautiful pistol I have been fattening up my piggy bank for a Ruger Mk IV Stainless with the Fluted barrel.

I am normally very traditional in my gun tastes. Blued steel, wood stocks, etc. But, there are two firearms that are outside of my personal likes box that I find very appealing. One is the Ruger mentioned above and the other is the Marlin 336 XLR.

I don't own either one right now but I've been lusting after them for a while.

Alan

The Buckmark is my favorite .22 pistol! Nice score.

I have had a Single Six since the 70's. I do like it and I've actually started a gal or two, including my wife, shooting with it and sub sonic ammo just to get them past the fear of loud noise and recoil from guns.

Too each his own I suppose, but to all you fellows with the ultra short memories I do recommend that you find out what ammo your .22 likes and buy a 5,000 round case. It has only been a few short months since we were having discussions about when .22lr would be once more available on the dealer shelves.

BTW Allan, finishing off a deer with a .22lr here in Kentucky will get you a big fine, confiscation of your firearms in use at that moment, the vehicles you rode in on, and suspension of your hunting privileges for a good long time.

While you can carry a .22lr pistol as your CCW it can not be used during the hunt in any way, and can not b e used to shoot alternate game species while deer hunting.

Too each his own I suppose, but to all you fellows with the ultra short memories I do recommend that you find out what ammo your .22 likes and buy a 5,000 round case. It has only been a few short months since we were having discussions about when .22lr would be once more available on the dealer shelves.
    I can assure you that there has never been a shortage of 22 ammunition at casa de crash.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Wow, I'm sure glad Texas is not in Kentucky! Our parks and wildlife dept does not expect us to blow more 30-06 holes in animals than necessary. We can also hunt while hunting. Doesn't have to be for anything specific. Waterfowl? Probably not a good idea to have any lead shot shells in your pocket, but we regularly clear blinds of cotton mouths with a 22 pistol.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 12-03-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Also, deer season (bow) starts in October (gun) November and runs through February.

Now to clarify, we are not supposed to hunt with a 22 cal rifle although many do. I have never heard of anyone being cited for it. There are probably instances, but I haven't heard of them.

Also, a huge south Texas buck will weigh 175# on the hoof. Average is 120#, most are just over 100#. Does pushing 100# are rare. I have killed a lot of deer with neck shots from a 222 Rem.

Alan