Thread: wishes for thanksgiving

Default wishes for thanksgiving

I just want to wish everyone here in fourm family a blessed thanksgiving.
    and let us trully ponder what we have to give thanks for.
    happy thanksgiving
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

Happy Thanksgiving.....
    Keep those that serve, in your thoughts and prayers...many can't be with their families on this holiday.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Have a happy blessed day.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Remember to actually be thankful.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

I quote that for myself, especially.

I agree with hunter 63, above. I am especially thankful for those that are protecting, and have protected, me and my family, and everyone else, now and in the past. A special thanks to members here who have served in the military in any way. You have my utmost respect and admiration.

It may not be proper protocol for a civvy, but I salute you all. [salutes]
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you all Fare,Well

I hope it was a good one for everyone!

Happy thanksgiving. I just told someone that all kinds of stuff can wreck your happiness but nothing can touch your joy.

Don't get Black Friday all over you!
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Regarding Thanksgiving Day.

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary.

Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even more rude. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude.

As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird spoke-up, very softly, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

SM...LOL....Good one.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27