Thread: another winter project

Default another winter project

I picked up a project to fool with this winter. It's a .41 swiss rifle. here is a link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vetterli_rifle

mine has been cut down, the original barrel was 33 inches long. Buffalo arms has brass and lee makes dies. Lead bullets for a 44 special will most likely work. I will have to convert it to centerfire, the original is rimfire. I have a few rimfire rounds for it but not enough to matter. It seems oddly short to me.

anyhoo here it is
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I gotta say....Never even heard of that before......
    Where do you find this stuff....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I know where there is a lamp made from one, so sad. I remember reading about a 41 swiss when I was a kid. There is a book called 3001 questions and answers published in 1919 or there about. Some of the questions was about the 41 swiss. My father had one back when I was a wee lad. So I thought for fun I would fool with one a bit. I'm glad that I can buy 41 swiss brass unlike 30-40 krag brass LOL
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Let us know how it works out...
    Another "learned something day".....
    Thanks.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The .41 Swiss was real popular in the Appellation Mountains back in the early 20th century. After the Swiss re-equipped with modern bolt actions they were all dumped on the surplus market at real cheap prices.

Sears sold them for $7.

There were a lot of empty .41 Swiss shell casings found when archaeologists worked over the areas of the Battle Of Blair Mountain.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 11-06-2017 at 12:59 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I came across a NRA article called The Guns of Blair mountain. I think you may have posted a link to that article back when I had posted some photos of a 41 swiss round.