Thread: Tis the season for catologs

Default Tis the season for catologs

Mail man has been filling my mailbox with catalogs...some I get all the time....some just in the holiday season.

Day before yesterday.....got a catalog (won't mention the name)....from a ladies clothing company that the DW really likes.
    She goes thru and marks some stuff....so I fired up the laptop and looked the first item up...

Found it, but when you clicked on size...said XS and S only on the web page...catalog list all sizes and body types....(it's a secret code?)
    So I called the phone-in ordering place...kept waiting for about 5 min....Not bad.....

Ask the lady if there was something a matter with the web site.....
    She looks it up and says no....that all that left?...I Just got the catalog!
    Now she ask if there was anything else....so rattled off another item number.....aannnntt... wrong answer...didn't have that one either.

Then she says "next item"....I just thanked her and hung up....

DW says "What's up, they didn't have any of that stuff?...Told her I would look for the other stuff she marked...
    Found three other items and went to checkout.
    Now the real fun starts...

"If you are a returning customer enter username and password."...
    Entered user name/email....password did not auto load....so tried to enter what I thought it might be....aannnntt,.. wrong answer.......
    So tried another....aannnntt.. wrong answer.....

Figured I would just make the purchase as a guest.....aannnntt ...wrong answer...there is an account associated with this email....
    "Forgot your password...click here an one will be emailed to you "....
    WTH.. I trying to spend some money.???

Went thru that and got purchase done, (that did go smooth either)....total time 1 hour, plus that phone call.....
    THen the asked if I wanted to fill out their survey....Said sure...
    Under comments I wrote "Have someone get a hold of eBay and Amazon I can check out with 2 clicks!

Now the worst part.....
    The item I wanted to order that was only in XS and S....is on the pop-up ads, on a forum's advertising....flashing and mocking me....and it's now ON SALE! .....LOL.

And they wonder why Amazon and a few others are growing...while they go down the tubes.

Rant off
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

It even gets to the brick and mortar stores. My farmer buddy was looking for some implement tires and contacted a local tire show and they blew him off. I guess it was too much of a hassle but what they don't realize small sales and pia sales lead to big sales. Companies need to be easy to deal with. I tell my guys that if we won't auger Mrs Smiths toilet why in the world would she want to call us to put in a new furnace or some such.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I like the catalogs that I get. I don't read them, but use them for mixing epoxy for knife making. Mix a batch and then when through, tear off the page and you are ready for the next batch.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There is a thing called paradox. If you push the limits of reality too far, reality itself will bite up right there (no, back there....)

For instance, domestic animals have every opportunity to breed and produce offspring but they'e biological dead ends. Even with all that proliferation, they're earmarked for extermination.

Amazon and a few others are quickly eating their host (humanity). A parasite without a host is a dead parasite. Or the host gets smart and kills the parasite.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I don't buy from Amazon any more. Too many items have come from re-packagers and not all that well handled.
    The last straw was a box of sterile gauze. Half the box, the inside sterile packaging was dingy yellow like how it gets from sitting in the sun, the other half was clean and seemed new. (next time you see "FDA licensed," look up the license number and what they are licensed to do.)
    Done with that.
    And for some reason they seem to think I want to pay $99 to get free shipping?
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Well at least I don't have to buy bathroom reading material for a coupla months.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Well at least I don't have to buy bathroom reading material for a coupla months.
    Or toilet paper.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Or toilet paper.
    Too slick and slidy......

Got caught up in the "Customer Service Oxymoron".......

Actually I like it when DW picks out stuff out that matches....I am not a fashionista....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27