Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: A brain fart

  1. #21
    Senior Member hunter63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SE/SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    Don't you know that if we ever start getting close to destroying the universe, Maxine Waters is going to contact the Mother Ship and they are going to come stop us.

    Alan
    Psssst...it's on the Dark Side of the Moon.....waiting.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27


  2. #22
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    744

    Default

    mmmmm All good points... Yup we ultimately flawed as humans... That is indeed the sad reality... some really deep thoughts here guys I am enjoying the comments.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/07

  3. #23
    Administrator Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    56,137

    Default

    Wait a minute. I'm not so flawed as you think I am. Yeah, that came out right. I think.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    744

    Default

    even most diamonds are flawed Rick
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/07

  5. #25
    Senior Member WolfVanZandt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    I'm a big believer in the MIB effect. A person is smart (and even, sometimes, wise) but people are dumb, dangerous animals. You, Rick, may be the epitome of creation, but humanity has proven over and over again how stupid, violent, and selfish they are. I'm entertained (in that sadistic streak I have) watching people listen to Van Halen's "Human's Being". It always seems like they're listening to a "human anthem". If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the words...

    https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/vanh...mansbeing.html

    I'm not a misanthropist, in fact I've pretty much neglected myself over the last 40 years to help other people get a new lease on life. But I don't have false positive impressions about either sapiens or Neanderthal. People act like Nazi Germany was some kind of anomaly. They were not. Everything they did was perfectly in keeping with human nature. And it boggles my mind that Americans can turn a blind eye to the same kind of stuff in our own pasts - concentration camps, sadistic scientific experiments, genocide, ignored treaties, it goes on and on. Humans are humans - at their best, they make this planet over-the-top great. At their worst, they're monsters. (And, possibly, you can't be great without being a monster.) Typically, they're a hybrid between the two. And history is a never ending record of bloodshed and...well, let me laughably say, misbehaving.

    I'm just glad I have a sense of humor.

    And now days we're willing to say that morals, the guiding principles that keep us from being monsters, are relative and can't be debated because they're completely subjective. To quote Bob Marley, "Good God, Man!"

    One of the things that makes lycanthropy so bad is the fact that my eyelids are glued open. I can't not see what I don't want to see. I'm glad that I have this sadistic streak in me. At least I can get some entertainment out of watching people shoot their feet off over and over. If it were not for that, I probably would be a misanthropist.

    Well, if I've thoroughly disgusted everyone let me at least beg a cause. This is a survival forum. One of the most important pieces of equipment you can have in your BOB is a true compass of human nature - your own and everyone elses. If you're in a group survival situation, you'd better know your companions. If you're a student of human nature, you'll know the buttons to push to bring out the best in them; otherwise, if you think werewolves are monsters, you haven't really met "humans being" yet.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    I'm a big believer in the MIB effect. A person is smart (and even, sometimes, wise) but people are dumb, dangerous animals. You, Rick, may be the epitome of creation, but humanity has proven over and over again how stupid, violent, and selfish they are. I'm entertained (in that sadistic streak I have) watching people listen to Van Halen's "Human's Being". It always seems like they're listening to a "human anthem". If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the words...

    https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/vanh...mansbeing.html

    I'm not a misanthropist, in fact I've pretty much neglected myself over the last 40 years to help other people get a new lease on life. But I don't have false positive impressions about either sapiens or Neanderthal. People act like Nazi Germany was some kind of anomaly. They were not. Everything they did was perfectly in keeping with human nature. And it boggles my mind that Americans can turn a blind eye to the same kind of stuff in our own pasts - concentration camps, sadistic scientific experiments, genocide, ignored treaties, it goes on and on. Humans are humans - at their best, they make this planet over-the-top great. At their worst, they're monsters. (And, possibly, you can't be great without being a monster.) Typically, they're a hybrid between the two. And history is a never ending record of bloodshed and...well, let me laughably say, misbehaving.

    I'm just glad I have a sense of humor.

    And now days we're willing to say that morals, the guiding principles that keep us from being monsters, are relative and can't be debated because they're completely subjective. To quote Bob Marley, "Good God, Man!"

    One of the things that makes lycanthropy so bad is the fact that my eyelids are glued open. I can't not see what I don't want to see. I'm glad that I have this sadistic streak in me. At least I can get some entertainment out of watching people shoot their feet off over and over. If it were not for that, I probably would be a misanthropist.

    Well, if I've thoroughly disgusted everyone let me at least beg a cause. This is a survival forum. One of the most important pieces of equipment you can have in your BOB is a true compass of human nature - your own and everyone elses. If you're in a group survival situation, you'd better know your companions. If you're a student of human nature, you'll know the buttons to push to bring out the best in them; otherwise, if you think werewolves are monsters, you haven't really met "humans being" yet.
    You have an interesting view, and its not one I haven't heard, and not really to sound bad... but in effect its a similar view I heard my Fiance express, specifically with what you referencing with Nazi Germany...
    I suppose at the core of it
    in a sense I agree on the basis that us as humans are inherently bad, we are inherently destructive.
    I like to think of it like the Matrix, like agent smith's view point, to me is what is a real view on it all..
    to me in those movie, Neo was not the one.. smith was.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/07

  7. #27
    Senior Member kyratshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe
    Posts
    9,380

    Default

    Interesting,

    A generation that has turned to the film industry for a moral guide and quotes the sayings of franchise science fiction for motivation and decision making guidance.

    Would we call that "religion" if we were on a forum that had the purpose of dealing with ethics?
    Come to the dark side, we have pudding.

  8. #28
    Administrator Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    56,137

    Default

    And this from a guy whose signature lures people to the dark side with pudding.

  9. #29
    Senior Member WolfVanZandt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    I dunno. Pudding can be pretty good. You have to be careful about Greeks baring yogurts.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

  10. #30
    Senior Member kyratshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe
    Posts
    9,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    And this from a guy whose signature lures people to the dark side with pudding.
    Ah yes, but my signature is a joke and not a belief system!
    Come to the dark side, we have pudding.

  11. #31
    Senior Member hunter63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SE/SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,521

    Default

    Y'all would be a hoot around the Scrabble table at the Old Stoners Home....after med time.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

  12. #32
    Senior Member kyratshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe
    Posts
    9,380

    Default

    And you think they can use words like that without all their meds and a spell check from the computer?

    We sure have you fooled!
    Come to the dark side, we have pudding.

  13. #33
    Senior Member hunter63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SE/SW Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,521

    Default

    Look at the lights!!!!!
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

  14. #34
    Administrator Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    56,137

    Default

    I do jail ministry and about half way through the session they do bring the med cart around. There are three guys that have to go out and get their meds. There is a noticeable difference in one guy about a half hour later. He generally mellows out pretty good. I don't know what they give him but I think the rest of the guys must be envious.

  15. #35
    Senior Member WolfVanZandt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    LOL, they ought to put whatever they used on me for my heart catheterization on the market (well, it is, I guess, but I mean for general use.). I'm pretty sure it had morphine in it, but that usually makes me sick and I had no side effects at all that I could tell.

    What kind of ministry? I did nursing homes but never broke into jail (uh, did I say something funny there?)

    O.o Are you trying to distract me........?
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Interesting,

    A generation that has turned to the film industry for a moral guide and quotes the sayings of franchise science fiction for motivation and decision making guidance.

    Would we call that "religion" if we were on a forum that had the purpose of dealing with ethics?
    hahahahahhahahahhah.... religion no... a point of view maybe... but just mostly lots of info to reference random thoughts
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/07

  17. #37
    Administrator Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    56,137

    Default

    We take the previous Sunday's lessons to the county jail on Tuesday evening. We spend an hour and a half with medium security inmates talking about the reading and lessons and discussing whatever is on their mind and how that applies to the readings.

  18. #38
    Senior Member WolfVanZandt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    1,095

    Default

    Ah, Sunday School...cool!
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •