Thread: My brother is visiting the Phillipines

Default My brother is visiting the Phillipines

When my brother was stationed at Clark AFB, he picked up a wife over there. That was well over 30 years ago.

He and his wife went to the Philippines last Friday. He has been sending me videos of the places they have been visiting. The places are not the usual tourist places, the places are the heart of the country. There is some rough living going on there.

It struck me odd that there are some people here in the states crying about how bad it is here. After seeing these vids from my brother those people complaining don't have a clue. We have it great here. Our poor are wealthy compared to many Filipinos. I also noticed that the Filipinos seem happy, their power may go out at 4 pm and come back on the next morning on a daily basis, have no hot water, not sure where food will come from come tomorrow, most of them don't own a car much less a bicycle, but they are still happy. I've been to a few Filipino parties and they sure seem like a happy bunch of folks.. Anyhoo I found it all interesting.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Kicking the military out of the country (over 65 year presence) did not help their economy that much.

Having traveled a bit, most people seem to take for granted (or ungrateful in some cases) what they have here. Kind of like the "students" that thought it would be a good idea to go backpacking in Iran because they were one with the people.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

smokey mountian is not a nice place.
    also culture plays a big part, in northern Luzon for instance
    as well as many other locales owning a couple cara bau (water buffalo)
    yer doing pretty well. besides who wants a hot shower in 95 degree heat and 100% humidity.
    just saying. btw i hope he has a nice time visting.
    Last edited by hayshaker; 11-03-2017 at 09:06 PM.
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

ya know I wasn't really thinking in terms of a hot shower but now that you mention it my SIL takes more showers a day than anyone else I know LOL. I was really thinking in terms of hand washing, laundry and dish washing but I guess when you own just one pot maybe dish washing with hot water is not so important. I'm sure he is having a good time. He has been back a few times over the years. He is fluent in Tagalog and Spanish although he tells me Spanish isn't spoken there much.

He is suppose to pick me up some native made knives. He got me a few knives years back but this trip he is going farther out so to speak so maybe there will be something unique.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

My brother has a phillipino wife. He used to fly over from Hawaii to gamble. She's a sweetheart. He went through 2 psycho wives before finding her. I'm happy for him.

hawaii has a very large phillipino population, i miss the food it's very hardy. the stews and sopas.
    but i never ate balut that's for the old manongs,mabey bumbuy
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

I don't know where that dehydrated micro shrimp down there originated from, but it is horrible.