Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Million Dollar Survival kit.

Default Million Dollar Survival kit.

Came across this today.........Scary part is I know several people that woould conder this as a good start.....LOL

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I do not have anything to do with these people.....just thought it was interesting.

See complete list at:
    http://urbansurvivalnetwork.com/mill...-survival-kit/
    Last edited by hunter63; 11-03-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

It would be a partial startup kit.

They left out the cordless power tools and two or three chainsaws anyone with good sense would include.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

That kit'll last you, what, just short of 3 weeks?

I don't see any solar power or any sort of power generator in there, let alone cordless chainsaws and power tools.
    They also forgot the 10 acres needed for the survival garden.
    Hope that garden grows faster than you can eat 6x72hours worth of food.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

I wonder if the people that have a million bucks of disposable income have the knowledge to take advantage of that kit. Sorta like that person we know that has a handgun for protection and has never fired it.

Wait a minute. Back up the BOV! Where's the toilet paper?!

That's why they have the onesie suits.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

What is on their list does not reconcile with what is in the picture, and the list falls way short of being a $1 million dollar invoice.

Plus they have stacks of buckets of food shown that they do not include in the inventory past that 72 hour mark.

Only way they can hit the million dollar mark is by including that custom built truck at about $500K and inflating the prices of all the other items to about twice their retail value.

And I have very little room for criticism.

If you turned the custom truck into a Ford Escape, turned the shipping container into a house and three sheds, added more guns and ammo, increased the fishing gear, bulked up the food supply, added toilet paper and threw in a wood stove I have to admit to having just about everything else in that picture in one form or another.

I even have the tools, generators and emergency solar they seem to have missed.

Personally, I would trade in the Mad Max "war wagon" for an F250 and pull behind RV.

And yes, I do own an inflatable boat!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 11-04-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Well, I do have a bike in the rafters...tires are flat....not sure if I would ride it any way.... but ....I can cross $400 bucks off the list.

I just need to add more TP, Spam, Beer other wise I pretty good.

I would probably get more use from the bike in a "grid down world". I would be using it for trips between the neighbors houses and down to the lake to fish. All those things that are close by that I burn gas to do now.

I would be saving the gas for use in the chain saws and generators.

Even though I am an old man by most standards I do use the bike as part of my cardio program. A real bike outside and a stationary bike inside when the weather is bad, and I do ride them and not just sit and look at them. I do 6-8 miles each day.

In fact, I got a new stationary bike back in the summer and I checked the odometer the other day and discovered that if I had headed south when I bought the thing I would be in Tampa right now!

I like bikes.

I used to like bikes.....
    I do ride the stationary bike for 25 minutes as well as the trudge mill for another 25 minutes....at the cardio gym, 3 day a week.

Of course the ER is just one floor down.....and the cardiac ICU....is down the hall....

Hunter you do not have to ride the things until you have a heart attack,

Just peddle until you get dizzy and your arm starts throbbing, or you pass out and fall off the thing!

If you are riding at normal effort on a stationary bike for 25 minutes you are doing 5 miles. Another 25 minutes on the treadmill at normal walking speed would be a little less than a mile.

The bicycle is the most efficient means of human powered transportation that has ever been invented.

I do the bike mostly because my feet are messed up to the point that waking any distance is very painful. Riding the bike does not hurt.

I like bikes. I used to go watch the ladies ride the stationary bikes until the guards chased me off. It's a good thing those guys are old too. They dang near caught me. We had to stop twice to catch our breath.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Hunter you do not have to ride the things until you have a heart attack,

Just peddle until you get dizzy and your arm starts throbbing, or you pass out and fall off the thing!

If you are riding at normal effort on a stationary bike for 25 minutes you are doing 5 miles. Another 25 minutes on the treadmill at normal walking speed would be a little less than a mile.

The bicycle is the most efficient means of human powered transportation that has ever been invented.

I do the bike mostly because my feet are messed up to the point that waking any distance is very painful. Riding the bike does not hurt.
    I just set them on "mosey".....

thats more stuff than I even Own hahah. I think that that is just over kill.. I can Live comfortably with less and do.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Had one comment elsewhere......Post it in a couple pf places.....kinda fun seeing so many taking the list literally....
    LOL
    " I wouldn't waste my money on all that stuff....numbers are all wrong......Iwould spend it of land ....It;s a better value..."

Good point....but then again.....If I even gave any serious thought,... to dropping a mil for all that stuff.....wouldn't you think I would already have "land"?.....
    Or have "My People" handle it....I be along when everything is done.

But then again...if you already have most of that stuff....beside a lot uf other useful gear.....You would not be alone.....Scary....LOL

it's one thing to be prepared and have gear etc..
    What i feel is lacking is the over look at the mental preparedness and personal skills..
    I find that having the right mind set and skill to fall on is going to far out weigh any top notch "kit"
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

Gear or skill? Who says it has to be "either/or" and not both?

I want both and I am going to have both if their is time and availability of gear. I am not restricted to carrying only a knife as my "one item", so I am going to load up on the best gear I can find and as much of it as possible.

I have encountered many people that have the attitude that if they do not have the proper gear then they will just have to make what they have work. A "make do" approach. It is generally used as an excuse for not buying gear and especially about not stockpiling food for emergencies.

I have a flash bulletin, just because it HAS to work does not mean it is going to work. You can not make 72 hours of food last for a month!

And people take that attitude about the most elementary forms of gear, even in daily life, from food to firearms and vehicles.

Their tires are bald, their battery shot, their radiator leaks and oil is dripping out faster than they can put it in but their vehicle is just going to HAVE TO WORK!

No it doesn't.

I was once taught a thing called the principle of P; Proper prior planning prevents P!$$ poor performance. That includes having the proper tool for the job.

Much like Clint Eastwood in Torino, I have accumulated a vast supply of gear. I did it over the course of 50 years. It is not a one million dollar stash, but neither is what is shown in the picture and included on that list.

Along with the accumulation of the gear, I learned to use it as I acquired it. So now I have a lot of gear, just as some others here do, and a lot of accumulated knowledge and a skill set that gives me an advantage, along with the right tools.

I was not born knowing how to use and maintain a chain saw. That took several years to master, but once I did I have had firewood in abundance that no "bow saw" will ever match!

Why did I buy my first chain saw? Because I discovered in a 48 hour span of time that I could not possibly keep my family warm and safe using just a bow saw. I knew how to use the bow saw. Plenty of skill there. It was just impossible to feed three wood stoves and two fireplaces in an 1860 era farm house with a bow saw.

Knowing how to build an emergency shelter is fine knowledge to have. Having a tent or tarp in your kit is fine preparation too. Replacing gear for skill? Nope, just good planning.

How about a generator? We have whole sections of our nation still recovering from a series of storms. Most of them will tel you they had plenty of candles and the knowledge of how to use them, but a generator it better! Candles will not power the washing machine and get your clothes clean.

It is all back to that discussion about using a fire bow. If you have a modern method of making fire you don't have to depend on that difficult and chancy procedure. It is as simple as having a Bic lighter in your pocket or a ferro rod on your key chain.

Chances are that if you have the $1 million to spend on the kit shown you have a butler and a nanny that know how to use the gear anyway.

Just give me the million dollars.. thats like 14 million rand.. I will survive for the rest of my life, never have to work again.

This kit has nothing to do with survival. The seller just came to the correct conclusion that you make more money by selling to clueless rich people.

Why make a nickel per widget, when one sale of this kit sets you up pretty well.

I reminds me of a "health club" I saw on a TV news story (back in the '90's when I watched broadcast TV). All of the "exercise" equipment had motors on them. The club member was strapped into the machine and the motor was turned on. It may have helped increase circulation, but that's it. Oh, and it was in Beverly Hills.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk