Thread: new production .303

Default new production .303

There is a petition going around to convince Lithgow to make a new production run on a .303 rifle. The model is a LA102 . It's nothing like a SMLE.

here's the petition
    https://www.change.org/p/lithgow-arm...tent=ex16%3Av3
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

For a minute there I thought you were talking SMLE.....as in Lee-Enfield.....
    LOL....We need a new production of a 100 year old heavy clunky butt ugly rifle....for BIG bucks.....LOL

Next think you know they will start making Mosin Nagants again....(if they ever stopped?)

Gonna pass on this one.....

Good news .303 ammo should be easier to find.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

That Lithgow looks like the TC Compass rifle. I wonder if they will sell it for $199?

I have never had a problem finding .303 ammo, but then I only need a box about once a decade. I still have a few rounds from the last batch of surplus I bought about 30 years ago and a couple of boxes of soft point.

I got into a deal where you got 3 rifles for $100 and 100 rounds of ammo included. I bought three, sold two for $50 each and kept one and the ammo for free!

It is the rifle in my avatar.

I am not exactly in love with the .303 as a cartridge. It is good enough, but not remarkable, and any rimmed cartridge is bulky to work with and design a rifle around. I bet that if the magazine of that rifle holds five .308 rounds it would only hold 3 of the .303 rounds.

Even the British were trying to dump it before WW1 and the needs of wartime production forced them to use it for another 40 years.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I don't shoot it all that often, but I love my Enfield MK 4. You are right....ugly in an only a parent could love it sort of way.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

for shame fellas. I think a SMLE is a beautiful rifle.

I think the LA102 is going for 1500 AU dollars, not sure what that is in real money lol

Ya know if Lithgow made it in 30-40 krag, I might be interested but not at 1500
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

My dad always told me that the British Enfield was the smoothest Bolt action ever made. I will have to take his word for it. It is one rifle of which I do not own a representative sample. I'm not in a real big hurry to get one either. Maybe someday, but it'll be a vintage milsurp and not a new production. But, when I do get one, I have two boxes of ammo.

Alan

some folks say the krag has the smoothest action. I have both and now I have to go check.

I have heard that too. I also do no t have a Krag.

I suppose I need to go check to see what I have........ or don't have...

I have Springfields 03s, 03A3s, Enfields P17, Mausers 98, 96, 95, 1909, Kar, Garands, M1 Carbines, Arisakas 99, Mosin Nagants 53, 91/30, .....

But no Enfields, or Krags. I should be ashamed of myself.

Alan

I’ve got the jungle carbine version. The barrel is pitted and I can’t find a replacement barrel.