Thread: Ammo Embargo

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Ammo Embargo

For those if us that stack ammo it needs to be announced that the last series of Russian sanctions included the companies that make Wolf and Tulla ammo as well as most of the other Russian ammo suppliers.

It will take some time for the Serbian, Yugoslavian, Bulgarian and Polish manufacturers to increase their output and they will never be able to match the prices of the Wolf and Tulla firms.

We have probably seen the last of the cheap surplus 7.62x39/5.56/5.45x39 ammo, like when the 7.62R spam can supply dried up.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Wolf and Tula were already being made in other countries outside of Russia since at least 5 years ago. The company saw this coming and braced for it then. Pretty smart to not let disputes between countries interfere with the economics of your business.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Tool & Die Maker

Don't think I have ever seen "Made in China" ammunition? Must be a good reason for that because almost everything else is made there.

I bought 100 rounds of 223 Tula ammo for the class I took last Saturday. Seems to shoot pretty well.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

All of the Wolf and Tulla I have is marked made in Russia.

This is one of those times when "prepping" pays off. It does not matter if it is an ammo shortage, government embargo, shutdown of production or any other reason if you have an adequate supply.

Adequate being a relative term.

Ahhh, the Brown truck just arrived, go figure!

What could possibly be on there?
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 10-31-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I checked my Wolf and Tula too. Russian and the order went in last week to top off the stores.

I have also seen Wolf ammo and Tula Ammo made in Germany, Taiwan, and Serbia. Russia is the most common by far, but Serbia is not rare either. I have two to three from Serbia right now.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten