Thread: for a mere $229.99

Default for a mere $229.99

Was looking at a cabelas flyer and they have a thompson center compass bolt action rifle for a mere $229.99 after mail in rebate. Available in 22-250, 243, 6.5 creedmore, 270, 308, 30-06, and 300 mag. that's cheap for a rifle, They have a savage axis for $269.99 after mail in rebate. dang at these prices I could get rid of my old junk and have everything brand new.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

LOL....Kinda make those $350 buck seem Handi Rifles kinda silly, now doesn't it...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

dang at these prices I could get rid of my old junk and have everything brand new.
    We all know that ain't gonna happen. The more likely scenario is that you save up a little and buy the new ones........in a few years you open your own museum where visitors can "walk through time" all the while drooling on firearms.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

This from a guy that still laments trading off that one, one, rifle some 30 years ago.

no I'm not trading anything off. I was just being silly
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

If you haven’t lamented over something, life was too short. Give it time. Lol .

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The Compass rifle also guarantees 1 MOA accuracy.

I went to Cabella's website and they are selling out rapidly. Several of the calibers are already on backorder.

Oddly enough, the 30-06 and .270, once the most popular of the lot, are still available. Either the demand is less or they stocked more in the inventory.

I have a place locally that has them on sale for $272, so after rebate they are down to $197 + tax.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 10-25-2017 at 08:58 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

that is a heck of a deal. When I get serious I use my remington 700 in 30-06. For some reason I get the most fun out of old relics. Currently on the search for a 41 swiss to play with, also got my eye on a old lebel.
    Can't help my self, it is a affliction, probably a good thing bannerman is no longer around otherwise my marriage would be strained lol