Thread: Vuurwerk

Default Vuurwerk

Antonyraison....y'all use one of these?

Stolt from Pinterest

Ortak Adresler
    Ortak Adresler saved to Barbekü
    This is a "Vuurwerk". They use them in South Africa to bake bread when they Braii. Braii(ing) is the South African version of barbecuing. A Braii blows the hell out of an American barbecue. Way more involved and a total life changing experience... But you gotta go to Africa to really know what it's all about.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Those are the biggest loaves of bread I've ever seen!

Looks good!

Can you post another picture of the loaves with something else in it for a size reference?
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Looks like Dutch oven concept
    Semper Paratus

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Antonyraison....y'all use one of these?

Stolt from Pinterest

Ortak Adresler
    Ortak Adresler saved to Barbekü
    This is a "Vuurwerk". They use them in South Africa to bake bread when they Braii. Braii(ing) is the South African version of barbecuing. A Braii blows the hell out of an American barbecue. Way more involved and a total life changing experience... But you gotta go to Africa to really know what it's all about.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    its Braai. not braii. vuurwerk, basically means fire work, but no I have not seen this, but likely some do use, the more traditional way is to make potbrood.. (pot bread) we make that inside a cast iron pot (skillet) and put that on a fire with coals on the lid. So this is just an evolved version of that. Its often made at braais and we even make it with beer, and a nice stew (potjiekos)
    But yes we braai all the time

you can do it in any cast iron pot, doesnt need to be rectangular shaped, and you don't need biltong power (thats just for a unique taste, i recommend changing the water for beer)
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 10-19-2017 at 09:51 AM.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

and p.s Braai'ing is a religion here in south africa. hehehe
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeePettimore View Post
    Looks good!

Can you post another picture of the loaves with something else in it for a size reference?
    Not really, these were not my pic's....

I don't really have a referance except looks like a hot pad glove on a hand.taking the one loaf out.....???

Got this emailed to me on a "Pinterest"(images)..under a "You might be interested"......
    I get them everyday....but these kinda caught my eye....and though of AR right away....

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/422281...tm_medium=2012

On each page the featured pic has a "visit" go to....may lead to a blog, or some one private collections....actually for some of my posted "mountain man" bags and so forth....

You might have to sign up for it...???....... but I do get a couple of listings every day.

I was looking at the clay mud bread ovens......

If nothing else, the page of images have tons of ideas....and can go on for ever.

I also think that any time you post a pic ....goes into that vast interweb in the sky....forever.....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

that is cool. Come to think of it I have some 6 and 8 inch sch 40 steel pipe. I might just weld me up one of those.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?