Thread: What to call it?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default What to call it?

I live on a very narrow lane, just wide enough for one car. Two cars can not pass. 100 yards down from me there is a 120% switchback turn on a down hill slope.

I have spent the entire day watching a crew of morons try to move a double wide modular home 70' long around that curve and up the lane.

All this was made necessary because the driveway that would have been a straight in shot off the curve was 2 feet narrow of allowing the sections into the lot.

Most of that time has been spent standing with the neighbors trying to decide what you call an operation like this.

They made the turn with the first section but destroyed a section of pavement. They are now wedged tight with the second section and I see no hope of salvaging the situation. The road is blocked and will be forever.

I have plenty of food but the icecream supply is getting low!

These guys need to get their $&!t together!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

SNAFU Bend.

They need to provide an ice cream runner. Any civilized outfit would.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    SNAFU Bend.
    FUBAR.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

You registered just to post that? Wow. So insightful.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

They finally got the first section out of the ditch and up the hill with the aid of two big tractors borrowed from the local farmers. both farmers pointed out that they could have knocked a bit of dirt off the side of the driveway and made it in without turning the curve, driving half mile up the road, then turning back for half mile across country.

The installers claimed they could not do that because the rear of the house would drag for 50 feet, at which point the farmers pointed out that by turning the curve the hose had dragged 75 feet!

the general conversation than turned to the subject of companies that hire the dumbest SOBs they can find just to save a dollar an hour. the installers were still standing there and did not appreciate the turn of conversation.

An hour latter the second section came in and drove around the curve like a formula one racer, cleared everything and never dropped his wheels off the 8' wide pavement while everyone stood staring with their mouths open.

Anyway, I now look out the window at a boring gray double wide modular home high on the rise in true Kentucky spirit. In the words of Jay Foxworthy, "put a double wide into the back yard, wait for Mom and Dad to die an move into the big house!"

Man, sorry to hear about the scenery change. That stinks.

A black and white decorative target will be a wonderful house warming gift for them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Priceless......Lesson here....prep ice cream.

Once watched a super huge motorhome trying to make a hair pin curve in a campground he wasn't supposed to be in...
    There were no hook-ups...but he figured he was self contained....didn't need hookups.

Had it up against a 10" dia tree in the inside of that curve.....

He was just getting the chainsaw ready to cut it down when the ranger showed up....
    They pulled him out backwards and sent him out into the open field campground.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe66gcUrwaw

It doesn't say it in the video, but the driver had been warned about the curve.

I probably do not need to tell them that they set their house on my 175 yard range marker.

Some folks do not appreciate that type of efficiency.

What are the similarities between a Texas Tornado and a Kentucky divorce?

Wanna know?

Wait for it!

You might laugh!!!

Answer: Somebody is gonna lose a trailer house.........buahahahahaha!
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

Double wide defugalty?
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

Continuation of events.

Just though I would bring to light the fact that this two section house had to be bolted together, as any good double wide must.

Usually this involves blending siding to conceal the joint, securing the roof ridge and bolting frame rails in place.

Apparently something went terribly wrong and I discovered that during the torrential downpours associated with Hurricane Irma it was discovered that the junction of the two separate roofs was not secured properly and water poured down the interior walls of the big gray blob, flooding the inside as if they were in the flood surge of the hurricane.

The entire family was forced to run across the yard to the big house and reside with Mom and Dad until revisions could be made.

Between the duct tape and super glue they claim to have made the fix but I do not think they realize what has been done to the pressed wood floors under the shag carpet, which is still wet.

Eventually one of the kids is going to walk across the kitchen floor to get a glass of milk and find themselves standing on the ground with their heads barely above floor level.

Come to think of it, they may find the refrigerator standing on the ground with much easier access to the freezer section than before.

Yeah...keep us posted....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Winter is coming on. They could put a sunken hot tub in there.

Enufh said....
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I saw that episode!

When it was new!

Some years ago I went duck hunting on a large, shallow coastal lake. I had all kinds of trouble keeping the motor out of the mud while putting decoys out, and finally just took to throwing them in all directions so I could get in the blind by shooting time. Of course there was plenty of verbal encouragement to make the dekes fly further. I finally got in the blind and the Talkabout came on with my smartass buddy asking what I called the arrangement of my decoy spread. I told him it was a Charlie Foxtrot spread.

Sounds like that's what you've got going on down your road.

Alan