Thread: Lowa Renegade Hiking Boots

Default Lowa Renegade Hiking Boots

Hey guys! I went on some epic hikes in Zion National Park in Utah. This video has footage of Angels Landing, probably the most beautiful hike I've ever been on. In the video I review the boots my girlfriend and I wore on our hiking vacation in Utah. Lowas aren't cheap, but they performed well and were very comfortable. It's hard finding women's hiking boots that come in wide sizes, but Lowa offers it. We hiked for days and had no issues.

+Gore-Tex, waterproof and breathable
    +wide sizes
    +stability
    +good traction
    +comfortable

-some people mentioned they don't last long. Through my personal experience, if you take care of your gear it'll take care of you. I never leave boots in the car to bake in the hot sun. I clean dirt and mud off them after use because the bud could dry the leather. I pick out the pebbles that get logged in between the lugs on the out sole. Just some real basic stuff and haven't had issues with any quality boots.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Do you ever do anything or make a post on the forum that does not involve the promotion of a specific product of some kind, or response to that promotion?

Being in constant advertisement mode must be stressful.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

For some, it's all about youtube hits.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

My modem just doesn't run them well.....so it's gotta be some one I want to watch...I need to sit here as it buffers....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Do you ever do anything or make a post on the forum that does not involve the promotion of a specific product of some kind, or response to that promotion?

Being in constant advertisement mode must be stressful.
    Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    For some, it's all about youtube hits.
    Sorry fellas I don't mean to annoy you, the video is not monetized and I'm embedding them here so no one has to leave. I wrote my review, so anyone who doesn't want to watch can just read it. Just sharing my thoughts, before I buy any gear I like reading/watch all the reviews I can. Would you prefer I just write written reviews? I can do that from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    My modem just doesn't run them well.....so it's gotta be some one I want to watch...I need to sit here as it buffers....
    Sorry to hear that brother, it's in HD maybe you can lower the quality a to a lower resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by bushcraft_project View Post
    Sorry to hear that brother, it's in HD maybe you can lower the quality a to a lower resolution.
    I am glad you wrote it up, and thanks for the tip....
    I just have slow modem out at my cabin in the boonies.....supposed to be 4G...think maybe I'm at 1/2 a g.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I've been considering buying a pair of those boots so your review is appreciated
    Semper Paratus

Quote Originally Posted by Graf View Post
    I've been considering buying a pair of those boots so your review is appreciated
    Thanks brother! When my gf and I were trying them on at REI I was told it was there number one selling boot. I would suggest buying it there, they have a great warranty.

I probably wouldn't choose a gortex boot for hiking in one of the driest states in the US and in one of the driest parts of that state. I guess I can check them out if they come in really wide sizes.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee