Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survival Keyrings

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Many of us carried the old flip phones for many years and thought they were our best choices. Old school was the answer.

Then I was confronted with having to change providers and being handed a free "smart phone" or paying for a new flip phone. I took the free phone.

Easier texting, a better camera than any I own, access to internet, GPS capability, instant weather alerts w/maps, Zello capabilities.

It is about the same difference between friction fire and a Bic lighter.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeePettimore View Post
    I like that phone, hunter.
    LOL....That one has been replaced with a "New Flip phone"......LOL.
    Still have that one....but keeps dialing.... 666666666... which I took as bad juju...

New one has a camera on it...but hard to get pic's off for some reason.

Battery life is a week for these flip phones...so are still popular with the "out there crowd"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I really liked my old cheapo flip phone, but it was biting the dust so I switched to a cheapo smart phone. The touch screen bugs me because, quite often, it won't do anything when I touch it (even though you can see the screen react to the touch), or I don't touch it, and it does something as if I did (it detects my thumb or finger hovering).

In some ways I like it because I can watch YouTube videos about non-technology stuff on it, and it's sort of handy to be able to do an internet search to check a new price on something you're looking at at a yard sale. But I could text faster on my old flip phone using my thumb and just the phone keypad. The touch screen on this one does not like my thumb, and the keyboard buttons are small (and they don't enlarge when you put the phone sideways - the keyboard just gets bigger with the same size buttons). Now I see why you see everyone using two hands on their phone and giving it their full attention. You have to, or you can't type accurately.

Definitely a hate-like relationship with this thing.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Yeah, these new phones and my butt get along well. My butt can dial just about anywhere in the world. Much better at it than I am.

Most people think they're going crazy when they hear a voice coming out of their butt. Doesn't seem odd to me at all...

"Speak to me, oh toothless wonder..."
    Last edited by hunter63; 10-11-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27