Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gravity and dexterity...

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Down south we go straight for the camouflage Crocks. Slip them on and off and walk outside with no problem. Looks like you chose them on purpose. Beats realizing you are at Kroger in your house slippers. You are still better shod than the flip-flop wearing masses.
    I don't do crocks....the gout rubs in them the wrong way....don't take any chances.

I do wear slippers out and about some times....figured I'm old..... no one will think anything about it....

DW checks my zipper and make sure the suspenders aren't twisted....so mostly, I'm good.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I've been doing crocs since I retired. Sometimes I wish I'd had on my boots. I was putting up a fence on the side of the house one afternoon and decided that part of it was not progressing fast enough. I, of course, got a bigger hammer. The largest ball pin hammer in the shed, one swing and it came out of my hand and gravity drove it directly into the top of my left foot. The croc material did very little to absorb ANY of the impact. I finished the job in some degree of discomfort and realized that my left croc was fitting a lot tighter than the right one. Upon withdrawing my foot I immediately saw what the problem was. My foot was twice its normal size. The Dr. assured me that nothing was broken and even showed me the xray. I still don't believe it was not broken.

I still wear my crocs though. I dislike almost any other kind of footwear now.

Alan

Yes Kyrat, roofing was Harvey damage.

Alan