Thread: Kroil

Default Kroil

I've noticed that the gun shops around michigan carry a product called kroil, hardware stores and other stores don't carry it. It is a penetrating oil. Is this used for any other purpose when it comes to guns?
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Is Kroil different than Kroil penetrating oil?

Shop guys used it for loosing up rusted and seized up nuts, bolts and fittings.
    Like Creep oil, PB Blaster.....

http://www.kanolabs.com/google/?gcli...RoCA10QAvD_BwE
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Tool & Die Maker

We used Kroil in the punch press department as a cutting oil in shaving operations. Kroil has a very distinct odor to it kinda sweet smelling. Never thought about using it as a gun oil but the penetrating characteristics could be desirable in certain areas of a firearm like a rust preventative in areas we don't see like between the barrel and stock. Should be good in low temperature applications.

I got a gallon in the garage.

It would probably be good in freeing seized screws. I don't know what it would do to a blued finish. Can't say I like the way it smells. There are too many other "gun" products out there for me to try it out just for grins. I've got a couple of cans to it and use it for rusted nuts and bolts although I haven't had many or them lately either. I'm really trying to go out of the "work" business.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    ............ I'm really trying to go out of the "work" business.

Alan
    Ain't that the truth.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Alan, if you pour a little Kroil on a bolt and tell the wife that the oil has to soak for awhile. Didn't you just get out of work till you say it's been soaked long enough. You know how Kroil is might have to soak for a week or 3...

Unfortunately there are precious few bolts to put Kroil on that she cares anything about. She's about results, not excuses as to why I cannot do the impossible faster.

Alan

I've used kroil on a seized up auto shotgun. It didn't harm the bluing, not that the bluing was wonderful in the first place. It's great for loosening up rusted stuff, maybe better than pb blaster and others similar.