Thread: Found cheap Zombie playing cards that make fun targets

Makery and Mischief

Default Found cheap Zombie playing cards that make fun targets

Was at the grocery store the other day And found Bicycle playing cards with zombies on them. Looked them up on Amazon And there 9 bucks a box. But at the grocery store at the end of the aisle on a rack they're only $3. The cards only have zombies on the face cards but they make fun targets. Especially when you're shooting with friends that don't shoot very often. I cut a few the other day and then lined up a few and went for head shots good stuff theres a video but i cant share it because of forum rules.
    Attached Images Attached Images

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Now Zach, when shooting at playing cards the best method is to staple all of them face up to a sheet of plywood and shoot for a "hand" at some challenging range to see who wins the pot.

What is on the back of them is not relevant but occasionally we would really gamble and shoot at the back to build a "chance hand".

That or pin them to the hawk block and split them with the throwing hawk until there is nothing left to hit. but the tack.

Also fun to split a bullet on a double bit ax blade and hit two cards at once.

And we were known to split them sideways edge to edge on a real good day. Those you got to wear in your hat band for the next few days.

Rondys were a lot of fun back in the day.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Yup......What he said.
    Shooting at the edge of a card, cut most of a card once....card was flexed to fit in the slot...cut the front...and the back...left about 1/2 in in the center.
    They wouldn't give me that target as a "Hit"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I did the exact same thing with a .45 rifle once.

The next year I showed up shooting a .58!

If Green Mountain had made a rifled .75 barrel I would have had the most accurate Brown Bess ever known.

Zack....
    Try a candle flame at dusk.....just try to snuff it out,....not hit the candle.

Makery and Mischief

I did a bit of head shot shooting after cutting 3. Grate targets, i even tried trowing one and shooting it out of the air. Not there yet candle sounds fun.

We used to do candle light hawk throws. Candle on top of the hawk block for light.

We also did candle light archery at 3D targets. Good luck with finding your arrows before the next morning.

We once did an archery canoe shoot using torches. Shooter in a canoe shooting at 3D target on the bank illuminated by a torch in the canoe.

Makery and Mischief

that sounds fun

The real fun is the chance to laugh at people falling out of the canoes, losing their arrows into the darkness or missing the hawk block entirely.

Rondys and their reenactors are a different type of competition. Doing well might get you a scrap of blue ribbon to carry around but coming in third and making the stupidest or most difficult shot of the event will get you even more bragging rights.

There is usually at least one "impossible shot" in every event and hitting that is bragging rights if you do nothing else all weekend.

Reenactors seem to think differently than other competitors. Like that shot from the canoe, doesn't seem too difficult and everyone did OK on that event last year. What can we do differently this year. OK, we will blindfold the paddler of the canoe and the shooter has to guide him into position for the shot by voice command.

I have seen events were shots were required from teeter totters, standing on logs, and one event where the shooter had to fire while standing in a canoe, then reload and fire another shot while standing in the canoe. All this with a traditional style muzzle loader.

We had a fire starting event once where the monitor dunked your fire kit into a pail of water for a ten count before you started the fire.

I have seen "Woods Walks", which are set up on a trail with various event stops along the trail, that took two hours and had the contestants looking like they had been run over by a heard of wild horses when they finished.

After doing these types of events for 20-30 years it is no wonder not much in the way of "practicing survival" impresses most of the long time reenactors in our midst.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 09-22-2017 at 10:54 AM.

DNR made us quit (thank God)... using farmer geese, as frontier children to be rescued, to be caught,dressed in a T shirt...and carried in your canoe while you were shooting bad guys.

THey said it was cruel to the goose......HA....ever tried to put a T-shirt on a big 25 pound goose....?
    It was more cruel on the "rescuers"