Thread: junk from the barn

Default junk from the barn

I scrounged up some junk from the barn and made up this stool. The seat is from a old farm implement. I think the base is from a pedestal fan,a big one used in a weld shop. Then a 1" chunk of pipe.

I'm going to shorten it up a bit, my legs are not long enough for this height. clean it up and paint it, maybe allis chalmers red or something LOL.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Very cool....good idea....
    Got any more seats?

You really need to do something with that folding chair....just don't look right
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

That's a little bit of awesome goodness. Yeah, shorten it up a bit. Don't want to hurt yourself trying to sit down. There is some sick irony in that.

Yea my legs are short on one end. I may be able to scrounge up 4 more seats, 3 for sure, maybe more if I want to scrap out some old equipment but I just can't cut a part a perfect operating horse drawn side delivery hay rake. It just ain't right.

Did y'all know that before approx 1900 or so implement seats were made from cast iron and after 1900 or so they started stamping them from steel.

I have a couple ideas for legs. One is to take leaf springs with a curled end and cut them half in two. Get three pieces and make up a 3 pedal flower so to speak and come up from the middle with 1 inch pipe. The other is with either a disc blade or three spring harrows and use those for a base.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

That's slick

Not so much. It has a little rust on it. You won't slide off.

I like rusty old iron

I like Rusty and Sweaty as well....looks "comfortable"?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Unless you have to wear it the next day. Not so much.

I shortened it to a much more comfortable height. Now to get rid of that camp chair

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Here you go Randy, we been using these in pioneer camps for 50 years. They are from an old Boy Scout camp chair pattern from the 1930s and would fit right in. I have been known to put a couple of these together in an afternoon.

You can scale them up or down and make them wider. If you do them correctly the sections slide inside each other for storage.

https://www.buildsomething.com/plans...den-Camp-Chair
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

That's awesome Krat, I have some red cedar boards that would make a pretty one. I have also been thinking about making a "viking" chair from two planks.

Excellent! I've been looking for a tractor seat to do something similar with.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel