Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eden Survival show cancelled... look what happened to the contestants..

Default Eden Survival show cancelled... look what happened to the contestants..

Imagine spending a year in the wilderness for a reality TV show — and then finding out it was canceled.
    Unfortunately, that's the sad truth for the contestants on Eden, which sent 23 people into the Scottish wilderness for a year. They returned to a life of civilization on Thursday, only to discover that just four episodes of the show aired after its cancellation last August.
    Scotland's Press and Journal explains that the series was "intended as a combination of reality TV and sociology experiment." The idea was for the contestants to create their own society.
    Not all 23 of them lasted the full year; 13 people quit the show, with "midges," a.k.a. gross, tiny flies, taking part of the blame, the Press and Journal notes. (The outlet also reports that "sexual jealousy" and hunger also played a part in the 13 contestants' departure.)
    But 10 of the contestants did stick it out for the whole year, and they were in for a terrible surprise. According to The Guardian's report on the Eden contestants' return, none of them knew about Brexit, or the fact that Donald Trump had been elected the 45th president of the United States.
    A spokesperson for Channel 4, which aired the Scottish reality series, said the episodes will eventually be aired, but there's not a set date yet, the Press and Journal reports.
    "The appeal of Eden is that it was a real experiment and when filming began we had no idea what the results would be and how those taking part would react to being isolated for months in a remote part of the British Isles," the spokesperson told the Scottish news outlet. "That's why we did it, and the story of their time, including the highs and the lows, will be shown later this year."

CLICK
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

That would suck.......Called Surviving.

Guess it was "Too real"?

"Looking for like minded people for a year long adventure......"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I feel a lawsuit in the making...

Actually I bet its some kind of gimmick to get people to actually watch the show.

"hey remember that show we cancelled after 4 episodes? Well we didn't tell contestants. Wanna see what happened???"

We'll find ourselves watching a show that was "cancelled" after 4 episodes only to find that there are 18 more episodes to watch...
    Last edited by alaskabushman; 03-31-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabushman View Post
    I feel a lawsuit in the making...

Actually I bet its some kind of gimmick to get people to actually watch the show.

"hey remember that show we cancelled after 4 episodes? Well we didn't tell contestants. Wanna see what happened???"

We'll find ourselves watching a show that was "cancelled" after 4 episodes only to find that there are 18 more episodes to watch...
    LOL...You may be right.....Naked has been done.

If that one guy's eye starts twitching when you tell him the show was cancelled you might want to move it....quickly.

If it's not some stunt to drive viewing numbers, I'ld be just a bit upset.

Do we extradite to Scottland?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

There were a lot of reviews of the show on the British forums. It seems that a large portion of the people were doing no work and there was no organization. No leadership grew among the group during the 4 episodes, which were not fit to watch based on the reviews.

It seemed to be much like our Survivor series but less competitive and toned down for the British audience.

British TV produces some good stuff but they have their own bad shows too.

Brit TV is different from ours. They must buy a license to view in any manner except delayed streaming of old shows. Many people consider the license too expensive and do not watch TV. They will see the 4 episodes next year on You-tube.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

They will see the 4 episodes next year on You-tube
    British TV seems to favor short seasons so 4 episodes is like half a season anyway....
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

Well......Tonight...
    Gold Rush is about Parker Schnabel and company's trip up the Yukon Trail...like the original Gold Rush 1897. 88. 89....

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabushman View Post
    British TV seems to favor short seasons so 4 episodes is like half a season anyway....
    That is true, they seem to feel that 4-6 episodes is a "season".

And they don't mind ending a series in the middle of the series. You can watch a show a see the guy raise a knife to stab the other guy and you can't wait for the next week to see if he got killed. Only there is no next week. That's where the series ends. So no surprise that 4 shows was it. I watch a lot British TV and Scandinavian stuff and they are both the same about endings. I'm still waiting for the rest of Islands at War to see if the British expel the Germans from the Channel Islands. Those poor folks.

Who shot JR.......?

Large bipedal Primate Billofthenorth's Avatar

I'm still hoping there is another season of Detectorists somewhere out there. Another BBC thing that just ended with all kinds of loose sends.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4082744/?ref_=nv_sr_5

I think it is in their nature to stop something in mid-stride. They do the same thing with forum threads on the internet.

I do not know how many times I have been engaged in a thread about pocket knives or coffee pots with a Brit, no controversy, no conflict, and a moderator locks the thread down because they "do not like this line of conversation". WTH ! All the Brits talk about is baked beans and the NHS! What did we do wrong?

I loved the Detectorists! So close but always juuuuuust out of reach. Yeah, I have them bookmarked on Netflix. Still have my fingers crossed and my spade at the ready.

Go movies is a constant changing website I recommend a firewall & I keep a spam email for stuff I don't care about. they have never spammed me, I think its a good website, They appear to move the website to different points in the world to avoid something... It was go movies dot to for a while

if you would like this is the door to other movies from all over the world and some may be ones that are in the movie house right now...if you catch my drift

Here is EDEN

https://gostream.is/film/eden-season...html?ep=919049
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 08-25-2017 at 07:40 PM.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Grey areas.. grey grey ares All I am saying.
    Proceed at own peril and at whatever risk you willing to take at Copyright law infringements
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Maybe they can pitch a reality show caller "Canceled".
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Well......Tonight...
    Gold Rush is about Parker Schnabel and company's trip up the Yukon Trail...like the original Gold Rush 1897. 88. 89....
    I've watched all Gold Rush pretty much over it always same stuff different day
    Semper Paratus

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    But 10 of the contestants did stick it out for the whole year, and they were in for a terrible surprise. According to The Guardian's report on the Eden contestants' return, none of them knew about Brexit, or the fact that Donald Trump had been elected the 45th president of the United States.

CLICK
    I bet they were ready to head back to the woods once they learned what had happened while there were away!