Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Self defense against a dog attack?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You're supposed to cook it, you know. It ain't like sushi.

It all depends on the abilities of the cook.

A bad cook can ruin a good steak and I have had fried chicken that wasn't fit to eat.

We used to cook bear like it was pork roast and it came out pretty well. You do have to cook it very well done because it is susceptible to Trichinosis parasites, just like old fashioned free range pork.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Eh, I guess a matter of taste. I like bears but I'll eat anything if I'm hungry enough.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The answer to life, the universe and everything? = hot sauce.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

In South Carolina if you are out walking and a dog comes into the road after you they can be shot. I generally walk about five miles a day and used to ride a mountain bike 14.4 miles a day and I shot a pit bull that came into the road while riding once.
    NRA Life Member since 1972. Distinguished High Power Rifle, Distinguished Smallbore Prone US Palma Teams & US Dewar Teams,(2) US Palma Trophy Individual Match wins, Centenary Trophy, Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland. Conducted testing for US Army Test and Evaluation Command, Army Material Systems Analysis Activity and US Marine Corps. Army Sniper Rifle consultant. Test& evaluation of Small Arms, at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.

I was a dog handler for the Army, and I've done well in world-level IPSC combat pistol matches, and I assure you that I CAN handle 3 pits plenty fast enough, especially if two of them are distracted by my dogs. If the the pos pit-owner wants some, I carry a spare mag.

I can handle five pits plenty fast if four of them are tied up and one of them is a cripple. I can also pull the pop top off a can without breaking a fingernail AND...AND shoot the right ring off a fly sitting on a ten penny nail at 25 feet with open sights. Yeah, I'm good like that.