Thread: What a day

Default What a day

FIL wanted his generator to run but hadn't in several years. That took six hours. The plastic rotary on/off switch had broken. I put in a toggle switch. New plug. New gas. Then started the pulling. Finally got it. Next was the people magazine that no body claims to have ordered. I hope the NRA sends them a magazine. I'm going to cut some grass.

I hear ya....at least the genny started......mine is just dead.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Next was the people magazine that no body claims to have ordered. I hope the NRA sends them a magazine.
    I've has some magazines show up to me also that I didn't order, I think they are just fishing for subscribers... Field and Stream, and ESPN

Anyone else had that happen?

Rancher

Used to...not in a while....
    We don't bite on stuff like that........

Lots of BS phone calls.....but that's a different thread..
    I I don't know the number or shows up in contacts...I don't answer.

Playboy keeps showing up, I don't know who in the blue blazes orders it......
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    Playboy keeps showing up, I don't know who in the blue blazes orders it......
    ......For the article, right?

For the scratch and sniff advertisements
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

A contractor cheated me out of a pretty large amount of money. He outmaneuvered me legally (He had a rep for this stuff). I went down to the sleezy convenience store and bought a few "men" magazines... as in there was only men featured. I filled out some subscriptions and sent them in with money orders for said contractor. I still chuckle a little wondering about his conversations with his wife when they started showing up. He'll never get off their mailing lists.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    A contractor cheated me out of a pretty large amount of money. He outmaneuvered me legally (He had a rep for this stuff). I went down to the sleezy convenience store and bought a few "men" magazines... as in there was only men featured. I filled out some subscriptions and sent them in with money orders for said contractor. I still chuckle a little wondering about his conversations with his wife when they started showing up. He'll never get off their mailing lists.
    That's too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    We did something similar to the Electronics Technician Chief on the other crew. After a less than stellar turnover (from them to us) we decided to take action. His birthday was coming up, so we got him a card. Then we took it to every strip bar in Guam and had the girls sign it. There were probably 30 or 40 lipstick lip prints on it. When we got back to Guam three months later and met our "friend" from the other crew, he begged us to call his wife when we got back to Hawaii to explain. We did, but we sure did have a good laugh over it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Rebel......I think I'm starting one of those days. It's nice and cool this morning, so I figured I would trim the hedges that are just out of control, because of me not wanting to trim them when it's 900 degrees outside. The first one was a small bush that needed little attention. The second was a huge, out of control bush. Not 6 inches from my starting spot was the big arse wasp nest. I'm now taking a break, to let them settle down, before I drown them in wasp spray. Hahaha.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"