Thread: sako forester in 243

Default sako forester in 243

Came across a sako forester youth model in .243 with a crappy bushnell scope. The price is shy of 500 dollars. I thought about picking it up for my daughter. She has been using my ruger in 6mm remington and has had great success with it. However she has been kvetching about the scarcity of 6mm remington, I'm thinking it may be on the verge of being obsolete LOL JK. Anyhoo any thoughts on a sako forester and a .243 for whitetail?
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

That was one of my dream rifles back in the day.

If you an get it for $500 do so. You can not touch a Sako centerfire for less than $1000 new.

.243 is a fine deer cartridge. I do not own one but I have many friends that use the cartridge and if I were handed a .243 I would be a happy whitetail hunter.

I have seen deer taken reliably with both the 80 and 100 grain soft point bullets.

One thing for sure, the .243 will not be obsolete for another 100 years or more.

During both of Obama's ammo shortages it was still on the shelves in my area too.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

DD shoot a Ruger in .243...she has done well with it.
    My first Handi was a .243.....

I buy it for that money...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I failed to purchase a .243 barrel for my Rossi SS due to their reputation of not being very accurate in that caliber. Wish I have gotten one now. The Rossi SS has gone the same way as the H&R.

I should pick one up. Right now Remington as a rebate going on its economy model with an additional on the shelf discount and the LGS had them for $250 after factory rebate the other day. The rebate was for the standard calibers; .243,.270,.308, 30-06.

That is a good deal if you just want a good shooter in .243, but my latest entry into the world of the Ruger will calm down my purchases for a while. I will have to let this bargain slide.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

thanks for the replies, I have a handi rifle in 243 but figured for the daughter a repeater would be better.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?