Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: am I becoming a geezer

Default am I becoming a geezer

Am I too young to be a geezer? Was thinking earlier today that I may be slipping into geezerhood. Here I am building a porch so I can put a rocking chair on it and of course use it. It gets better, then I made up a hat loom to make me a woolen hat. Picture that me in a rocking chair, knitting a hat, rocking away. In addition aches and pains are creeping in and I'm becoming cranky from it. Went and cut a pickup load of wood and was whipped. Back in the day I could cut ten loads and not even get tired.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

You're safe for now. I think it begins when you start taking naps after something strenuous like a meal.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Geezerhood is more of an attitude, not a condition!

I don't know about you Rebel but RandyT has been there since he shot his first 30-40 cartridge. Only a geezer shoots a 30-40.

Lots of giveaway signs besides the aches and pains.

You own rifles that are older than you are.

You own a vehicle that is old enough to vote.

Your first presidential ballot was cast for Nixon and you still consider him the best choice of the two.

You grew up before cable TV was invented and remember Oppie when he was 6. (If you never watch TV you are not a geezer, we watch TV. Grew up with it and love it. Not watching TV is a yuppie thing.)

You have immediate access to more then 3 rolls of Duck Tape and there is a wire coat hanger within reach at this very moment.

You consider yourself an American. Not a polish-American or a German-American or Native-American or anything hyphenated and American but a surenuff-American.

You still do not consider Honda an American made car event though the factory is only 50 miles down the road.

You do consider Toyota American made because they run in NSCAR.

You engaged in some form of outlaw car racing on the public roads as a teenager, in a vehicle with a V8 engine (4 cylinder turbos do not count) and still consider it one of your best memories.

There's more but I am wearing out, need to take a nap cause it's nearly 2pm.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    Am I too young to be a geezer? Was thinking earlier today that I may be slipping into geezerhood. Here I am building a porch so I can put a rocking chair on it and of course use it. It gets better, then I made up a hat loom to make me a woolen hat. Picture that me in a rocking chair, knitting a hat, rocking away. In addition aches and pains are creeping in and I'm becoming cranky from it. Went and cut a pickup load of wood and was whipped. Back in the day I could cut ten loads and not even get tired.
    It happens......
    At least you have gotten a head start on finishing things you want "before total Geezerhood"

We are at the cabin right now.....and as I look around at everything we did since land/ trailer 1989....cabin in 2005, .....I have to say..."Man... I am glad I did that when I still could.
    Takes me all day to build a set of steps....and nothing goes right.

Been trying to ease into it and try not to let it get to me...but it's hard....and more expensive.
    I just paid the kid to weedwack the bank in front of the porch....I'm not gonna stand on a steep side hill for 2 hours.

I do like my naps....
    Maybe I go back down and..."fight with"... Instead of, "gonna go fix it"...a genset with a rotted fuel line and broken shut off valve.
    And when you start using ..."Back in the day".....
    Last edited by hunter63; 09-03-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

it's all good LOL, slipping into geezerhood beats the alternative. Speaking of naps. Back in the day LOL, when I as a apprentice I was riding to a job with my boss. He was about 72 year old. He pulled off to the side of the road and told me he needed five minutes. So for five minutes he took a nap. lol. In the meantime I pondered.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Just woke up from my lunch nap. A geezer lived through things that the younger only heard or read about. They went to segregated schools. Alabama governor Wallace and MLK. The people's reaction to President Kennedy assassination. Watching Neil Armstrong take a step on the moon. You get the point. I'm tired. lol

I just got up from a nap. Gotta catch up on my reading.....will probably need another nap.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    confesssions of a Geyser? hahaha
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

I was at church yesterday and there was this little kid toddling around in about a half circle with a turned up bottle he was sucking on. He was wearing a T shirt that read...I laugh at naps. I told him, Come on kid, You share the bottle, I'll share the stories. It's nap time for both of us. The old ladies got a chuckle out of that one.

If you enjoyed the seventys your a geezer, I'm told I enjoyed them, it's fuzzy in my mind, though occasionally I do enjoy a flash back
    Semper Paratus

"Geezer"? I have no idea what you're talking about. Oops, got to go, my daily laxative is working.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Graf View Post
    If you enjoyed the seventys your a geezer, I'm told I enjoyed them, it's fuzzy in my mind, though occasionally I do enjoy a flash back
    Oh jeeze. What if you enjoyed the 50's and 60's?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Geezerhood is more of an attitude, not a condition!

I don't know about you Rebel but RandyT has been there since he shot his first 30-40 cartridge. Only a geezer shoots a 30-40.

Lots of giveaway signs besides the aches and pains.

You own rifles that are older than you are.

You own a vehicle that is old enough to vote.

Your first presidential ballot was cast for Nixon and you still consider him the best choice of the two.

You grew up before cable TV was invented and remember Oppie when he was 6. (If you never watch TV you are not a geezer, we watch TV. Grew up with it and love it. Not watching TV is a yuppie thing.)

You have immediate access to more then 3 rolls of Duck Tape and there is a wire coat hanger within reach at this very moment.

You consider yourself an American. Not a polish-American or a German-American or Native-American or anything hyphenated and American but a surenuff-American.

You still do not consider Honda an American made car event though the factory is only 50 miles down the road.

You do consider Toyota American made because they run in NSCAR.

You engaged in some form of outlaw car racing on the public roads as a teenager, in a vehicle with a V8 engine (4 cylinder turbos do not count) and still consider it one of your best memories.

There's more but I am wearing out, need to take a nap cause it's nearly 2pm.
    Well, I'm batting 1000 on your list.

Alan

Geezer test.

Look in the mirror. If you say to yourself, "Who is that old Geezer?" Then……………….

Alan

I know who that old guy is. It's my dad. I just wish I was as smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I know who that old guy is. It's my dad. I just wish I was as smart.
    I even sound like him when I get up....Aghhhh

When I look at pictures of people and say.....Who the heck are those old people.......and then realize they are friends that I grew up with.......
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

When you decided to look up and old friend and the first place you check is the obituaries to make sure you are not wasting time.

Old people ad Geezers ...can be the same age, afflictions, and disposition........
    Difference is a Geezer doesn't care what others think....Just rolls with it....
    Tries to enjoy it....because you are running out of stuff to enjoy that doesn't hurt.

Stuff that doesn't hurt??

That is also a problem.

Just the other day I did something and I remember thinking "bet I don't do that again!",

But I can't remember what it was!