Thread: Cooking shows

Default Cooking shows

Do y'all watch pbs cooking shows? Steven Raichlen's slow moving drives my half crazy. I keep thinking the food is going to burn before you turn it. Lol.

I used to watch the Galloping Gourmet back in the 60s on days when I stayed home from school when sick.

Since it's now football season, I watch about 3 hours of TV a week, unless the Pats are on a bye. Otherwise, not at all.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

I have watched Andrew Zimmern since his "Bizarre Foods" show.

Fried tarantulas anyone?

While at trhe gym...I like watching "CupCake Wars" while on the Trudge mill.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I like the Primal Foods guy.

Everything done on the grill.

The ultimate recipe, meat and fire!

He was the first guy I saw cook steak directly on the coals with no grill.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

It's a good thing.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

I particularly like Good Eats with Alton Brown. He even goes into the physics and other sciences that apply to proper cooking (the whys).
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

DW watches some of these shows.....but everyone in a while pick up a tip....when she isn't looking.

Then I can "spring them on her at the opportune time ...
    Like "did you introduce the pasta water to the sauce, first?"
    Or when preparing eggplant (I hate eggplant)....."Did you sweat it first, with salt to draw out the bitterness?"

Wait till I can spring my latest find....pealing 20 cloves of garlic in a few seconds....Waiting, waiting waiting..
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I watch a few cooking shows. Diners drive-ins and dives, Man fire food, and Good eats. (I agree with Old GI, about A.B.) And K-rat is onto something, with the steak directly on the coals. Once you've done it this way, you will be hard pressed to do it any other way. (Yeah....it's that good.) LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I record Man, Fire, Food. I am going to check out Primal foods.

With only two tv stations to watch and both are pbs, I've become very familiar with their cooking shows. I don't get this one. The show "A chef's life" has me thinking the show and the "chef's" are full of it. She went to New York City and "worked for some of the top chef's". In reality she worked at one small restaurant, met her husband and started a soup catering business from their apartment. Her folks wanted her back home which she stated, "would never go back to". They bankrolled their restaurant and gave them a place to live. Now they have a show. Her husband wants to be a painter and she's clueless about cooking or running a business. There aren't any recipes. Just her thinking she's cute. Laughing like a mule with fat rolls everywhere.
    Last edited by rebel; 09-10-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Who uses a job title when talking to another person? Chef's do. It's beyond my ability to understand other than they must have a feeling of inadequacy.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Never in the military were you Rebel? Everyone is addressed with their title as the prefix and that prefix sewn or velcroed to their uniform where everyone can see it..

As well as most police forces. "Officer", Sergent, Lt., Captain, Chief, Detective, Deputy, it goes on forever. Just try addressing the next cop that walks up to your car with the phrase "OK buttface what do you want?"

And the schools, you would not believe the schools. Principal this, Assistant Principal that, Administrative Assistant whoever. I have known people that forgot what their name was and only answered to Coach.

The real problem is that you need more channels. Just having two parts, both of them of the commie indoctrination network, is making you crazy.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 09-10-2017 at 05:53 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Ah - wrong grasshopper. Rebel was/is a Marine.

The only title I use now is "hired assassin". Quite a few of my Facebook friends that I served with still call me Chief.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel