Thread: Slow Cooker or Crock Pot Liners.

Default Slow Cooker or Crock Pot Liners.

This year DW and I attended the Pike River rendezvous, just as guests this year.
    Didn't bring the lodge or camp overnight.....

Did hang out with our RR group...had pulled pork and with peach cobbler for supper.

The cook did both in dutch ovens....with slower cooker/crock pot liners.....on a open fire (was down to coals).

When done, just take out and toss what you don't want....no pots to clean...would have never believed it as they looked like paper to me....
    Who would have thought?
    https://www.amazon.com/Reynolds-Slow.../dp/B002U0KKK8
    Quote>
    About the product
    12 packs of 4 count (48 total) slow cooker liners for 3 to 6.5 quart round or oval slow cookers
    Strong and reliable - Holds in the heartiest ingredients without breaking or puncturing in the slow cooker
    Mess free slow cooking – Lines the slow cooker so there’s no baked on mess
    Make clean up a snap – No soaking or scrubbing, just throw away the liner once the meal is served
    FDA compliant, BPA Free liners made of high temperature safe materials for cooking in slow cookers

This item's packaging will indicate what is inside. To cover it, select Ship in Amazon box on the checkout page.
    <quote
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Anything that'll keep me from having to do any more cleaning than I have to is worth a try.

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I generally line the dutch ovens with aluminum foil but this sounds better.

Or I could use both for added insurance.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Any thing with tomatoes or a lot of sugar....would really help...seem those eat into the tron.

I always use a parchment paper liner in my dutch oven. Makes cleanup easy.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Most of the new crock pots have a pretty good finish that keeps most stuff from sticking. Those liners would be good for at home. At camp parchment paper is the route to take I think. I don't think the plastic liners would do to well on a fire or bed of coals. I have always been amazed at how few coals it takes to get a cast iron dutch oven up to temp. I think I'd probably melt the plastic.

Alan

We very rarely have a DO on a fire.....

I have a trivet....then set a big CI frying pan on the trivet the load with coals for the fire with a shovel.....set the preheat the DO, with what you want to cook ..on coals....the shovel more coals on the cover.

The guy that did it just set the DO on the grate over the fire....and worked just fine.

Worst case...it breaks and you have pan to wash..just like if you hadn't used a liner.

I put a few coals on the ground to the side of the fire, set the DO on top of them and then put most of the heating coals on the lid. When I make chili of some other dish that requires constant heating and stirring, I make a little trench with rocks or earth that I can shove coals into and have the DO straddling it. In those cases I'm using the DO more as a cook pot than a DO. I'm going to give it a try for sure especially when camping away from a constant water source.

Alan