Thread: Forest Fires

Default Forest Fires

We've lived in the bush in central BC for 21 years, have been through forest fire season's before but not like this one... We've been under an evacuation order for almost 2 months. Our place is a cabin with a few solar panels and of course a shop that runs on solar power. We didn't leave, exercised our right to protect our land. We have been lucky and smart. If we leave armed soldiers and police won't let us back in. A Different kind of survival in the wilderness.

The fire storm the media has whipped up was fed to them. It's disgraceful. Great thing about a satellite connection. Anyone with a panel in the bush. The big difference this time is the fire center and CRD have been withholding information and have been putting a big spin on the fires. Fires in old cut blocks crawl they don't rage. A lot of the Cariboo has been cut in the last 50 years.

It's a sign towards the future. We can deal with forest fires. The RCMP, Military, CRD and levels of governments are a different story. We do appreciate the different authorities and governments for sure but this kind of situation will have to be talked about and checked. It has turned into a military exercise and an opportunity to burn. It is a phenomenon. Democratic armed forces need conflict to flourish. The CRD needs to burn off land. Problem is it's at our (the people's) expense. I wish they could just say the truth. Logging practices have sucked for a long time and the pine beetle have left lots of fuel in a bush and with the pressures of climate change. They could get us all motivated instead of being arrogant and taking our rights away.

Right now we're getting caught up. The order and blockades came into effect here without notice so a lot got put on hold.

Regards,

Scott Richardson
    twan N fire 2017.jpg

I guess I'm missing your point?
    Fires?...
    or
    Government?...
    and
    Intentional?

Survival takes many forms?

Glad you made it thru....
    Last edited by hunter63; 08-23-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'm not following you either.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

8 posts. Apparently a Canadian that lives in a swamp that is on fire.

He appears to think we know more about Canadian politics, policy, public opinion and his personal situation than we do.

Last time I heard about folks getting mass evicted from a rural area by armed forces the Devils Tower was in the background and there was a thing about a spaceship.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-23-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Fires, hurricanes, space ships… whatever it takes to control the masses.

We're having our own little exercise in dunmbassedry down here. There is a big rainstorm out in the Gulf of Mexico. It is the only storm that has made it this far north and the weather bureaus can't figure out whether to piss or go blind. They've whipped the masses into a frenzy and the grocery stores are selling out of water and batteries. The gas pumps are running non-stop and we are under a hurricane watch.

Next they'll announce a mandatory evacuation and a lot of people will use up any discretionary funds they have driving to someplace they don't need to go. The police will ride around telling everyone it is "mandatory". They don't appreciate my response. I put on an orange life jacket and sit in the boat and tell them that I'm ready!

I'd imagine a fire is a bit different but either you're going to stay or you're going to go. They Nanny state doesn't like free thinkers.

Alan

Our local news is talking about Harvey. While it may only be a tropical storm or low grade hurricane when it hits, because it is going to make landfall, hang out a bit and then back out on the same path it came in on...it looks like it is going to be a huge rainmaker. Be careful. (Yeah, the weather people all over get sort of dramatic with big storms)
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Wait what? you have a problem that there is a fire, and they trying to evacuate people.. and if you left the danger area they wont let you back in the danger area?
    Ummm how about they don't want to add the possibilities of more casualties!?? they need more man power to go in there to help people that are stuck in fires, so I can understand if you leave the danger area they wont want to allow you back. Well until its safe and can account for the casualties missing persons and other damages.
    Its pretty straight forward.
    Unless I am totally misunderstanding you.
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 08-24-2017 at 08:17 AM.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Well, hopefully we don't have to wait 8 years for a clarification....?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Well, hopefully we don't have to wait 8 years for a clarification....?
    You noticed that?

Join date 2008, 8 posts, the last post 2009, then this outrage against the Canadian Government.

It's that yuppie Prime Minister they have that did this.

This is just one good example of what happens when you run off to the woods and get away from the rat race, the rats decide to burn your woods down, force you to evacuate and then not let you back in!

It's a plot I tell you! A conspiracy against the self sufficient perfect life of the first magnitude!

Does Mick Dodge know about this? Has anyone told the Mountain Men or those folks on Life Below Zero?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    You noticed that?

Join date 2008, 8 posts, the last post 2009, then this outrage against the Canadian Government.

It's that yuppie Prime Minister they have that did this.

This is just one good example of what happens when you run off to the woods and get away from the rat race, the rats decide to burn your woods down, force you to evacuate and then not let you back in!

It's a plot I tell you! A conspiracy against the self sufficient perfect life of the first magnitude!

Does Mick Dodge know about this? Has anyone told the Mountain Men or those folks on Life Below Zero?
    my whole life is a lie the earth is flat, cia, nasa.. they all in on it.. Tin foil hats!!!!
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

SCOTT RICHARDSON - " ... I wish they [govt. politicians & bureaucrats] could just say the truth. ..."
    I am not too aware of Canadian government, laws, and politicians, but I am very acquainted with U.S. government, politicians, and faceless, nameless, unelected bureaucrats. In my opinion, it is pure folly to ever believe what they say. Lying is a requirement to be employed by government.

That is the way of government these days.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Our local news is talking about Harvey. While it may only be a tropical storm or low grade hurricane when it hits, because it is going to make landfall, hang out a bit and then back out on the same path it came in on...it looks like it is going to be a huge rainmaker. Be careful. (Yeah, the weather people all over get sort of dramatic with big storms)
    Now forecasting it into a Cat 3. I started another thread on it. We may get to look into the eye of Harvey. Right now the forecast puts it about 15 miles away. That's actually plenty close for me. Forecasting 20" - 24" of rain.

Alan

Yeah, I saw the upgrade this morning. Stay safe.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

An eclipse and a hurricane in one week, Alan what have you done to anger the gods of the sky?
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

The Russians did it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Should we send Smokey the Bear north?

Seul vous pouvez prévenir les incendies de forêt

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by chiggersngrits View Post
    An eclipse and a hurricane in one week, Alan what have you done to anger the gods of the sky?
    Run out of virgins to sacrifice?........

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Should we send Smokey the Bear north?

Seul vous pouvez prévenir les incendies de forêt

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Oui, oui..............
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Just don't drink the oui, oui.

But, but...........you posted a picture of "THE" bear. Didn't he have a show where he did drink...........oh wait........different bear.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel