Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Bureaucracy

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default I Hate Bureaucracy

I have become caught up in a bureaucratic struggle.

I am having to prove to the government that the government is not paying me a check that the government does not know about.

They seem to be certain that I am getting a monthly check, which I am not. Actually they think I am getting two checks.

I immediately called and asked why I was not getting a check if I was supposed to be getting one. If I have been missing out on money that I am due there is some serious back pay to deal with. That really seemed to throw them for a loop!

After being transferred through several offices I was given the task of having two government agencies provide me with a letter stating they do not pay me monthly.

"Could you not have that information transferred with a request and an inter-agency E-mail?" was my next question.

"No!" was their very firm answer. I must provide them with a letter of proof that they are not doing what they think they are doing!

After I prove I am not getting what they think I am getting they will "make a decision about me?"

I am not real sure what that means.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

OMG.....All I can say is "You poor SOB"....That has to be the worst nightmare.

I had a problem "returning" MM last SS check...as she passed on the 5th....
    What a PITA.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

we're from the government and we're here to help you
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

So, let me see if I understand.........

You are not getting what some paper pusher thinks you are getting, but they are not sure you should be getting it. Now you have to prove that you are not getting what they think you are getting without knowing if you should be getting it. Once (IF) you are able to do that they will determine if you got what you did not get which you may or may not have been entitled to getting.

I'm guessing that the IRS will soon tax you on what you may or may not have gotten, regardless of the fact that you may or may not be entitled to getting it.

OK - I think I got it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You know the govt is bad when they start conspiracies on themselves!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

They want you to prove you are not getting these checks . You do know what you hey say about proving a negative . Have fun .

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    So, let me see if I understand.........

You are not getting what some paper pusher thinks you are getting, but they are not sure you should be getting it. Now you have to prove that you are not getting what they think you are getting without knowing if you should be getting it. Once (IF) you are able to do that they will determine if you got what you did not get which you may or may not have been entitled to getting.

I'm guessing that the IRS will soon tax you on what you may or may not have gotten, regardless of the fact that you may or may not be entitled to getting it.

OK - I think I got it.
    That's why I said ......OMG

I tried to write that down and wore out the eraser.

Again. I have no idea what to say. Ya'll are killin' me.

I pray that you beat this, and I'd like to hear how it goes.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

My real worry is that while running the gauntlet of two additional agencies I will run into a roadblock in their organizations that prevents me from obtaining the paperwork that is being demanded inside the time frame that has been dictated to me.

Worst case scenerio, and I have encountered this before, being some clerk who simply states, "We don't do that."

If that happens I may never be able to prove I am not getting what I do not get!

Tomorrow is going to be real exciting as I explain this cluster f%$^ to whatever number of people I am shuffled past who have never heard of such a thing and do not understand or know anything about it.

The magic words I need to hear is the sentence "We do not issue retirement checks!" at which point I can say, "I know you don't, please write that down on a piece of letterhead and sign it."
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-22-2017 at 02:05 AM.

Lol. This reminds me of my first year out of the Navy. The Navy reported to the IRS that they paid me 1.3 Million dollars for 3 months of service as an E-5. I told the IRS I would be more than happy to pay the taxes on it if they would actually paid me that amount!

Needless to say, it was fun getting the military to amend a w-2 all the while telling the IRS I don't have the money they think I do.

I feel for you Kyrat. Hang in there and fight the good fight.

This whole thread just gives me the...willies.

Okay. At that point I would get a lawyer and, since there's no way I could afford a lawyer and I live in Denver, I would go to the Colorado Legal Services. I don't know if you have such an outfit where you live. I'd look.

I've had several of these fubars and they're always harrowing, and they've always come out okay for me. I've known others that it didn't turn out so well for, so don't get complacent. I've always fought like a dog.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

The thing that really ticks me off with all of this is that Social Security offers every junkie in the U.S. a disability check realistically based on their pledge and a letter stating that they are addicted to drugs. They will get the standard disability amount and that same amount for each child in their care. Plus they get every other entitlement benefit on the books: housing, food stamps, healthcare, transportation.

Yet I am attacked, accused, and forced to prove I am not defrauding the government over my meager monthly check after paying into SS every week since 1964!

I made the rounds of the agencies this afternoon. First place I was in the HR office before I could even sign in. I had the required letter to the Feds in my hand in less than 15 minutes. They actually laughed at the wording of the letter.

Second place had the front door guarded by a pit bull with orders that "you shall not pass!". This was definitely MY problem and not theirs. They did no know who to send me too and when they decided who I should see it was accompanied by the statement that she would be in meetings all day. I was given a number to call, which I did, and left a message.

I have not been called back. I will leave another message tomorrow morning and another one hour latter and another ten minutes after that. We will now play phone tag until one of us gives up.

This is exactly what I had feared. I only have 2 weeks to get this worked out.

If I do not hear from her within 48 hours I am not fooling with a lawyer, I am on the volunteer staff of my Congressional Representative. I will be talking to one of the staff aids about this whole mess from top to bottom. I may do that anyway.

Man, that sucks.

These type of situations are really going to be fun once we go all digital, cash will be illegal. They will take what they think you owe them, then you will have to fight them to get your money back. Of course you could hire a lawyer, but with what, they have all your money.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

I encourage everybody that has a concern that their cash will soon become worthless to send it to me. I will gladly dispose of it for you. No need to thank me. It's a service that I provide members of WSF at no charge.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Kyrat, you're on the right track. Your representative will take care of it for you. I'd give odds on that. Write a good letter, maybe two, and make the call.

Hang in there Kyrat. Red tape is strong, but I know you are stronger. Sounds like you are making progress, albeit slowly. Just remind them you are an old, cranky, retired guy who survived Vietnam and a career educating delinquents who now has all the time in the world to annoy them into submission!

You'll get through this. Sucks nonetheless.

Surely the fact the cheques (well hopefully made out in your name not cash lol god forbid) have not been cashed, so all thats needs to happen is them to get a bank statement and they will see no-one has cashed them damn checks, is it really rocket science or something?
    Alternatively For you to cash checques you have to go into a bank with said checque, which would have your name on it, a date, a serial number etc all to be a valid checques, and then can be cashed so Surely there MUST be a paper trail when this is Done, perhaps even go to your bank and request From them A detailed Account statement of your accounts (and perhaps surely any cashed cheques would reflect there also) once you have done so, I suppose you can then get it stamped and and certified as some form of evidence.
    You could go further, well here you could take such a document to the police have a commissioner of oaths stamp it, get an affidavit statement have the police and certify that.. and then well you would have Proof in my understanding (but yeah that's how I would do it, your system in USA may work similarly)
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 08-23-2017 at 04:49 AM.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05