Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Bureaucracy

I do understand your dilemma. This is a true story...I swear. My recently deceased son-in-law had been evicted from my daughters house by an order of protection and court ordered to make house payments. Care to guess? He didn't. The house is in foreclosure. I am trying to assume the mortgage to save the house for my daughter and grandkids. Anyway, I was in a meeting last week with my attorney. The lender's attorney passed my attorney a document and asked if I had received it. I said yes, the lender sent it to me and I have complied. The lender denied receiving the paperwork. I produced their letter saying they had received it and everything stopped. Their attorney said, you sent it directly to him? The lender said yes. The attorney said that should have gone to his council. The meeting ended. Are you ready for this? A 15 day extension was granted so the lender could send my attorney the same document they had already sent me. My attorney then sent the same document to me that I had already received. I then sent my attorney the same information I have already sent the lender so he can send them the same information they already have. We all are doomed I tell ya. So, yeah, Kyrat. I truly understand. The next meeting is in October. WTH?! How is that 15 days?

I hope you don't lose what you are entitled to, while trying to convince them that you are not getting anything you are not entitled to. Did that make sense?
    Good luck buddy!!
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

It does seem as though a fog has descended and blocked common sense. Maybe we are doomed.

Kyrat, sounds like a good plan.

We're survivalists. This is survival.

My hobby as a resource advocate has been to help people out of tight squeezes by helping them find the resources they need. It's a lot harder since I'm in a new part of the country and don't know the social landscape, but I'm learning. Anyway, I've lost track of the horror stories.

A part of urban survival is to identify all the available resources that might be available, and make sure you know how they work - just like in wilderness survival.

My best guess is that, the more complicated an organization is, the more chances they have of making a mistake, the less chances they have of being able to track the error, and they're certainly not going to take responsibility for it. In other words, a combination of moral laziness and ineptness.

Back when Windows would fit in a thimble, a almost never had any problems with it. The rare times it did glitch, it simply crashed catastrophically. Now that it's grown into a leviathan mess, it glitches constantly - maybe not so drastically, but much more irritatingly. I actually miss Windows 3.

Social organizations are doing the same time. They've gotten so huge and clunky that they can't work right, and you know what? it's only going to get worse. Just expect it and don't be surprised when it blows up all over you.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

@Rick - it is all about billable hours..........ask Ken.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That's it. I'm gonna Run Off To The Wilderness.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I encourage everybody that has a concern that their cash will soon become worthless to send it to me. I will gladly dispose of it for you. No need to thank me. It's a service that I provide members of WSF at no charge.
    I'd send it your way but unfortunately I had it all in a big white bag with a $ sign on it and the canoe flipped over. well you know the rest of the story.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Wait up Walking tree I'm coming too!

What is the zip code of the wilderness where we are going so I can have the checks I don't get sent there?

AAAAH, can we get a U-haul truck into a logging road somewhere close I have some guns and ammo I need to take.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Oh, no. I know how that is gonna end up!

Filed the Estate Return for my Dad's estate over a year ago. The IRS sends me a letter wanting a bunch of other stuff, and, Tax Returns from 2013 - date. I said, "Hunh? Don't y'all have the tax returns?" They said, "Yes, but it takes longer to get them from other agencies in the IRS than it does to get you to send us your copies….."

This is what they wanted the second time around.

Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Like I said....OMG you poor bass turd......

Fought thru year worth of MM stuff....was all said and done for a couple of years.....Then got bill from a dentist...like 3 yrs old.
    Gave them the address for Forest Lawn cemetery...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I guess what gets me the most is that we are dealing with the death of someone we loved and going through their stuff. They are dealing with papers and dollar signs. My dad's been dead for almost a year and eight months and there has not been one single day that I have not had to talk on the phone or write a letter or send an email to someone who is just doing a job. The first year was the worst. If a person is not paying attention the amount of double billing and over billing and just plain false billing will eat them alive. A year and eight months and I have not taken one day to mourn my father. It's been all business and if I don't do it, it won't get done. I've got to live long enough to finish this up because I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

Alan

It's like the insurance companies. No problem taking your money. Getting some back, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    I guess what gets me the most is that we are dealing with the death of someone we loved and going through their stuff. They are dealing with papers and dollar signs. My dad's been dead for almost a year and eight months and there has not been one single day that I have not had to talk on the phone or write a letter or send an email to someone who is just doing a job. The first year was the worst. If a person is not paying attention the amount of double billing and over billing and just plain false billing will eat them alive. A year and eight months and I have not taken one day to mourn my father. It's been all business and if I don't do it, it won't get done. I've got to live long enough to finish this up because I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

Alan
    Back a while when faced with massive DR bills and hospital bills for a family member....I was given a piece of advice by a real smart lady in our HR dept. at work....which helped me a lot.

Throw all the stuff in a pile....and pick a day to deal with it.
    No point in pizzing your self every day.

On the day you pick....
    Sort out....
    1)....bills to paid............... check over.
    2)....maybe bills to pay.....maybe pile, deal with later
    3) ...receipts...................file

Once pile 2 and 3 are put aside...it already 2/3 done

Checked over pile.. sort..... for you to decide action and when
    Pay.... or...Call,...or e-mail,...or letter.
    Do what needed.

Wait a week and repeat.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Oh, no. I know how that is gonna end up!

Hey, the guns and ammo are ok. Truck broke the fall.

- William Arthur Ward

kyratshooter. occasionally I have to shake down business with a carrot and stick approach, talk about a depth of OMG with the govt. Bang on that door man... get active.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I got all of my materials collected and have shipped them to the Social Security.

I also made another discovery. A bureaucrat can not answer anything simply. All the SSA wanted was a single sentence stating that the Krat did not get a pension check from them.

In both cases the person replying decided to explain some aspect of the pension process to make themselves appear very important and give the SSA another place to make me jump through another hoop.

I fear this will go on for some time with the SSA just sending stuff to me until I make a deadline or form mistake due to being flooded with paperwork.

I believe that the next round needs to be handled by an attorney. This is a big part of my long term income they are messing with. It would be worth a couple of hundred dollars to shut them down.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 09-02-2017 at 01:25 PM.

You should keep track of everything and then later figure out exactly what entity to sue for reimbursement of all of your expenses during this.

Headline: kyratshooter sues U.S. government for bureaucracy incompetency. May end up being a nation-wide class action lawsuit.

- William Arthur Ward

Yeah, good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Yeah, good luck with that.
    Yep, I have enough stress in my life already.

Someone with more money, better nerves, and better meds than me is going to have to be the hero.

My blood pressure is out the roof dealing with this stuff already.