Thread: trip to the local gun shop

Default trip to the local gun shop

In a rare moment I took a day off (am working today though)and goofed off. One of my stops was a local gun store, located about 45 miles from me.They had good stock of 22 rimfire, even had some short. The shorts were about 11 dollars for a box of a hundred. Lots of powder, primers bullets and etc.

They had a good selection of brass. Have to throw this out there though LOL. no 30-40 krag brass but plenty of 38-40, 44-40, 38-55 lol. My memory fails me at the moment but there was some obscure brass available that I hardly ever see. The 38-55 is about 35 dollars a 50 count bag. I need to pick up a few bags of the 38-40, 44-40 and the 38-55. Soon for gosh sake it could disappear from the shelves forever right now.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

You realize that the shop ordered those calibers just for you, do you not?

You might as well give up on the 30-40K brass and run yourself up a batch made from .303 Enfield. There is only something like .005 difference in the case neck length. There will be that much variation in the cases after a first firing of new brass in one of those old turnbolts.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I threw the 30-40 krag thing out there for giggles. Graf has 30-40 brass available. It just puzzles me that the volume of 30-40 rifles made, commercial and military and it is now considered obsolete. I think ruger had made a number 3 in 30-40 krag, like to find me one. LOL
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

What on earth could Randy ever find at a gun shop that he doesn't already have like 26 of at home? I know. Just to test the knowledge of the owner.

It's the thrill of the hunt....
    Besides.....If you walk into a gun store....real gun store...with the mandatory 3 geezers BS'in and lyin'...
    They one says...."What do you need?"

If you say..."Just looking"....they kinda stop and watch you....
    Then again if you say, "I'm looking to fill in my H&R Handi Rifle collection"...

Then away you go...as now you have a reason....and they all want to get in on it...and tell you about all the different stuff they have...and the error on my ways.

Looking for old ammo is a great way in....

Asked a guy at our antique gun store...when he says: "What do you need?"
    Told him "Do you have any 7.62 Nagant?"

Did get the Geezers attention.....
    He hands me a ceder "Brut" after shave box...with 37 originals in it....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27