Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the parts are in

Default the parts are in

I pulled the trigger (no pun intended lol) and ordered the parts for my cz-52, they arrived a few days ago. It is a set of hardened steel rollers, extractor and a enhanced firing pin. I picked these up from Harrington products. This evening I'm going to swap these parts out. This will give me one of the finest semi auto pistols made in the 7.62x25.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

the parts swapped out with no fuss or muss. Tomorrow for a test shoot.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

One of the finest pistols made in 7.62x25!!!

That is sort of a narrow field to run in isn't it?

Would you believe that I once had a 1911 in 7.62x25.

Chicom conversion of a WW2 Remington.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I would love to have a 1911 in 7.62 by 25.

I bought it for almost nothing because back then you could not get 7.62x25 ammo anywhere.

I converted it back to .45, although it took a good bit of work to do so. They had machined it for a tall ejector, different extractor and it had a real funky barrel with no feed ramp to speak of. It had a magazine with pleats in the sides to align the cartridges in the mag. I had to reverse engineer it back to "normal".

I got a deal on a Yugoslavia m57 a few years back. I love the 7.62 x 25 round in that pistol. Packs a more of a punch compared to a .22 but very mild recoil.

A 1911 in 7.62 x 25? Hmmmmm.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

the nice thing about a firearm like this, is it is made from steel, real steel lol

Steel???

Randy, I am surprised you do not skin game with a stone knife!

I have one of those Soviet wonder-guns made by the Serbians in 9mmL. It is generally bulletproof and totally reliable.

It lives in the truck so the cut down Mosin will not feel lonely.

Two guns that I do not have to worry about our deep cold, intense heat and changes in temperatures causing problems.

Now that cz52, that thing is one detachable shoulder stock away from being a carbine!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-20-2017 at 12:23 PM.

knives maybe but when it comes to a firearm, steel is the only way to go

Well, no sense trying to convince you that polymers are just as good when you have not even made the transition from steel to aluminum alloy!

That is a whole other thread.

I couldn't find the thread.

aluminum alloys? uugg I reckon my bushmaster is some sort of aluminum and my leettle keltec has some poly in it. Been thinking about picking up a glock, just can't seem to do it. why?
    Last edited by randyt; 08-20-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I couldn't find the thread.
    That is because we did not start it yet! You can kick it off if you are bored and want too. If you don't I am about to start talking about shotguns again and we all know what will happen then with the on, and on, and on thing.

Randy, lots of folks can not make themselves buy a Glock. So far I am one of them.

I do have other poly based pistols, just not a Glock so far.

I'm with you kyrat. I just can't get with a glock either, despite other polymer ownership. Glocks don't fit my hand with their square pistol grip.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Glocks have no soul.

I did nave a "lost dog" type experience with my M&P 40.

A couple of years back Buds had a sale on some police trade in M&P pistols at some really ridiculous price, and when I say ridiculous I am talking about $275 or something like that and they still had the box, two extra mags and the assorted grip panels to fit your hand.

I jumped in the car and went down there not expecting to get much and was shocked at the nearly new condition of the pistols.

I still remember picking up that M&P and thinking "Hello old friend we must have met in another life." I get the same feeling any time I pick up a S&W model 10. I know I can slip that pistol in my belt and it is going to shoot where I look and go bang every time without fail.

It was very much like having a lost dog walk up to your back porch and decide that is where he is supposed to live and turning out to be the best dog you ever knew. And keep in mind that I am usually not very sentimental about dogs or guns.

The moment I arrived back home with that pistol I ordered a set of loading dies and a bullet mold, and not the little two cavity mold, but the six cavity gang mold cause I knew I was about to do some shooting! It is one of the few auto-pistols I own that has never had a malfunction, even with my reloads.

It's plastic, but its gooood plastic!

I love that .40 S&W cartridge too. If that had been around back in 1968 when I first started I probably would not have nearly as many things that never worked right stored in boxes all over the place. I probably would have never bought a .45 and I probably would have never bought a 9mm or jumped onto the .38/.357 bandwagon. I would have bought an M&P 40 and a Ruger convertible revolver and perhaps a Charter Arms bulldog .40 as a CCW gun.

No, forget that last part I could never get buy with just three pistols in the same caliber and the .38/.357 is the greatest invention of all time.

Nephew is a Glock fan.....and can't understand why I'm not,......
    Oh well.. .thought I learned up that boy better.....anyway.

I'm good with .38/.357 ....as well...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yeah, .38/.357 is the bees knees.

John Moses Browning....accept no substitute unless it's steel

Yea, but JMB died before they invented plastic! Well good plastic anyway.

Just imagine what he could have done with polymer.

Browning used steel because that was all he had! And as innovative as he was he would have never rejected a chance to play with new materials.

Just think about it, a polymer framed .50 M2 !!! Poly framed 1911 pistols! A poly framed Hi-Power in .40 S&W! A poly framed .30 air-cooled machine gun. Or best of all, a poly framed BAR that weighed 10 pounds.

And all of them capable of production in a plastic plant and not a huge machine shop.

We would have won WW2 in a week.

plastic guns are about as sexy as poo stained underwear, I just can't get exited over one.