Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you relate?

Default Can you relate?

Hello everyone.

I'm a South American living in Berlin for over 2 years. I've been thinking of joining the French Foreign Legion for some time now. I'm positive will accept me. I'm in a good physical and mental shape (or at least that's how i feel), never been hospitalized (only emergency room for fighting, nothing serious tho), 25 years old, 85 kg and 193 cm, trained in Muay Thai BBJ and currently training Krav Maga. I'm married to a beautiful great girl, finish school last year, have a nice flat a well paid job and lots of "friends" to party and hang out with. The only reason i want to join this particular army is because it is the only one in the world that i can easily join without too much bureaucracy; not exactly because i want to "fight" for France or for any kind of pride. Then you might wonder: why the hell would you join the Legion then? Well, i know, and totally feel that ****'s going down soon. The world as we know it will soon disappear and we will all have to fight to survive (those who survive the Armageddon first of course). I just want to be train to kill and survive under the most extreme conditions when the **** hit the fan. I've been a bit of a nihilist for a long time. Not finding any special meaning to live and thinking of being born as the ultimate sing. However, i have a family i love now and i feel my duty is to provide and to protect her at any cost. So that's basically why i'm here. Because if well i'm very much trained in one-on-one combat. I do not have any knowledge on surviving in the wild or natural medicine or handling fire guns; which are also essentials if i want to keep my family alive for a good while when **** collapses. Obviously my wife is completely against me joining the Legion because that means i'll be away for at least 5 years and we would barely have any contact. But i still want to acquire all this valuable knowledge. So...here i am. Trying my luck on a forum. Hoping there's someone in Berlin or anywhere close, that is willing to exchange survival knowledge for fighting knowledge, or at lest just share it. I know it's all written here, however i need the practical knowledge, not just notes.

So, if you can relate with any of this and/or feel like getting in touch and exchange some ideas and knowledge i ask you to please don't hesitate and send me a message.

Kind regards
    WWK

So you want to protect her by being in Sierra Leone or who knows where while she is in Berlin when SHTF. I hope that works out for you.

Yeah, what are you doing in Germany? As far as contacting you.......I'll pass. If you want to interact on the forum...feel free. Outside of that - good luck with that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That's different.

Welcome......Good luck on your dream...

Hit "enter" once and awhile......
    That much stuff all together is hard on my old eyes......so quit about 1.2 way thru.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I will presume you have Googled "The French Foreign Legion" to get one of their applications online?

It's a little different from the National Guard thing one weekend a month.

Alan

I guess I didn't know there still WAS The French Foreign Legion....
    Well I'll be darned.

What I have gathered, from the minuscule amount that I know of the FFL, is that the guys who "join" simply do that and seldom talk about it or post it online. I think a guy has to have some pretty serious issues to want to do it and then he'd better have some serious issues if he's going to make it through. If they do make it then they will certainly have some serious issues afterward and "just in case" scenarios about TEOTWAWKI isn't one of them.

I can't imagine wanting to become a legionnaire. They are not the kind of guys who worry about retirement.

Alan

I guess I'm not getting the "Why"
    Quote>
    25 years old, 85 kg and 193 cm, trained in Muay Thai BBJ and currently training Krav Maga. I'm married to a beautiful great girl, finish school last year, have a nice flat a well paid job and lots of "friends" to party and hang out with.<Quote.
    Weird is right.

From my limited knowledge of the FFL from old movies and stuff..... is where guy run away to....when something or someone is on their tail.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Above the gate leading into the "boot camp" of the FFL is the lettering of the phrase, "Give up all hope those who enter here".

There is a reason for that.

Because on the exit side, once you finish training, is another phrase, "You joined the Legion to die, so we are sending you to a place where you can die."

Legionaries, not being under the same general administration of the rest of the French military, have always been considered very expendable.

So like everyone has said,

Good luck with that!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

this is similar to the jean-clod van durn movie legionnaires.

Yep, abandon a great job, home, and wife then you will lose all three. Either by death, or some other guy taking them. Much better ways to prepare if training and experience are what you're looking for.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I just got to wondering why anyone would find our forum among all the offerings on the internet, and think it would be a good place to come too for the purpose of learning how to kill?

Do we have a sub-forum training people how to kill that I have not found yet?

It's just to pass the time if you're a south American living in Germany with a great job, a great wife, a great home and an overactive imagination coupled with a warped sense of reality. It's kinda like me daydreaming that I'm living in the wilderness, living of the land. Truth is, I'm on the lake right now and when the sodas are gone I'm going back to the ac.

Alan

I'd try the Veterans of the French Foreign Legion association. I'm sure they have all kinds of great inspiring information on how to plan your career.

Blog Entries

I CAN DEFINITELY RELATE, WWK! THIS IS AMAZING!!! I too am a 25 years old, 85 kg, and 193 cm South American living in Berlin for over 2 years currently posting from Sierra Leone! What a remarkable coincidence! I'm also married to a beautiful great girl (and she has THREE PERSONALITIES to keep things interesting)! BTW - I think I dated your wife before you met her. I'm trained in Bok Choy, Won Ton, Moo Goo Gai Pan, and am now studying Ginsu Knife skills.

Let's talk more over a couple of biers and a schnitzel sandwich at Golgatha Gaststätten on Dudenstraße, at 11:00 tonight. Wear a pink tutu so I can recognize you in the crowd. See you then!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

No, I haven't changed much.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I just got to wondering why anyone would find our forum among all the offerings on the internet, and think it would be a good place to come too for the purpose of learning how to kill?

Do we have a sub-forum training people how to kill that I have not found yet?
    No, but we left up a few posts from Spud and Blade. No telling what Google searches will find those posts.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

But Bok Choy is....never mind. Good to see you back.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    No, but we left up a few posts from Spud and Blade. No telling what Google searches will find those posts.
    OMG word has gotten out that we kill trolls and eat their flesh!