Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great Stuff Foam filler....Mower tires

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Your story reminded me of a time when I was working at McDonald's. A bit off topic, but you caused the memory. I was mopping the floor in the dining room one night (worked the closing shift) and this guy kept laughing (at me). I rolled my mop bucket up to the table where he and his girlfriend were seated and asked what the problem was. He was laughing uncontrollably and kept saying "You work and McDonald's". After the third time that he repeated himself, I gently grabbed his girlfriend's hand and said......"I work here so that I can afford to take such a fine lady to a better place to eat". She started laughing. He said they had to go. Go figure.
    Wait, they had McDonald's back then?
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

A couple months ago I bought a scan reader for my vehicles. After talking with my BIL who lives close, he bought one as well, and at the exact time. If we would have talked, one of us could have saved a tool purchase. Regardless, I don't know how I got by without one. It sure helps diagnosing what the problem is. Just finished replacing a rusted out knock sensor on the Tahoe.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Hey, my hearing is really bad but if somone is knocking on the truck I think even I can sense that. Sheeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Wait, they had McDonald's back then?
    Yeah, but the sign said 100's sold.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Our said 13 sold....and it was Mickey D yet...but had $15 cent burgers.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Our said 13 sold....and it was Mickey D yet...but had $15 cent burgers.....
    15 cent burgers, 10 cent fries and a 10 cent small coke. Big Macs were 29 cents. Life was good and I did not even realize it!

I was just watching a Burger King commercial where they are trying to convince me that two burgers for $6 is a great deal!

He!! I have stopped going through the Wendy's drive through since they raised the dollar menu price to $1.19!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Geezer cones are now .54 cents at MD's

Stopped a Auto Zone...they read you computer....read out said "gas cap?..."....Was on tight....maybe too old?....that ought to be $300 bucks.
    Then there was vaccum leak stuff etc. on the list....
    Still running good?...But heading out to "The Place Sat".......It will just have to wait.

I had a check engine light that kept coming on and it read gas cap. I finally replaced it and that fixed it. Who knew? I know my truck is snitching on me. I just don't know to who or when. If I ever catch it I swear I'm pulling the battery and making sit in the garage by itself.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I had a check engine light that kept coming on and it read gas cap. I finally replaced it and that fixed it. Who knew? I know my truck is snitching on me. I just don't know to who or when. If I ever catch it I swear I'm pulling the battery and making sit in the garage by itself.
    If you pull the battery it reverts to the default computer settings.

Much like sitting a child in the time out corner to reflect on what they have done and adjust their attitude.

Does not cure the problem but makes the computer ignore it for a while, especially if the vehicle has been in "limp mode" for some time, getting worse and worse.

I have seen a lot of gas cap issues in the past couple of years. Rally odd to me how a gas cap mess up forces a 6 month old vehicle to completely shut down, refuse to start, refuse to run and bring the world to a stop.

Had one friend that drove her truck to work and it was fine. she came out that evening and it would not start. Called the guy with the tow truck, he could not make it start. Loaded it up, towed it in, sit for two days waiting its turn, put it on the computer and the $100 dollar question/answer, literally costs $100 to get the computer to answer a question, was "gas cap".

The mechanic unscrewed the gas cap and put it back on. The truck started and ran just fine.

$50 tow, $100 computer charge, $75 one hour shop time, $10 new gas cap and it was fixed.

Seems to me that with sensors costing hundreds, computers controlling everything and a gas cap having the ability to stop your vehicle and the "safety devices" mandated for your vehicle costing thousands, why does each vehicle not come with a built in code reader.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...abs-60796.html

Why all this guesswork and worry? Why does that diagnostic device not come as standard equipment on a $25,000-$50,000 car? A simple digital readout on the dash that tells you which sensor is out, the gas cap is wonky, or your #4 injector is fouled. Instead I have to limp the vehicle down to Autozone, or call the guy with the big truck, so they can plug a mystery device into the "port" and tell me what is wrong.

Sounds like a manufacturer/mechanics' conspiracy to me!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-25-2017 at 11:06 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

Seems to me that with sensors costing hundreds, computers controlling everything and a gas cap having the ability to stop your vehicle and the "safety devices" mandated for your vehicle costing thousands, why does each vehicle not come with a built in code reader.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...abs-60796.html

Why all this guesswork and worry? Why does that diagnostic device not come as standard equipment on a $25,000-$50,000 car? A simple digital readout on the dash that tells you which sensor is out, the gas cap is wonky, or your #4 injector is fouled. Instead I have to limp the vehicle down to Autozone, or call the guy with the big truck, so they can plug a mystery device into the "port" and tell me what is wrong.

Sounds like a manufacturer/mechanics' conspiracy to me!
    I agree....they already a rolling media center..., for iris, siries, betty, blue tool , on star, off star, pay radio cruise control...so you can still go down the road talk with you hands... and texting .....Google interwebs maps....
    But if something goes wrong.....It just stops????

New gas cap $15 bucks....may take a ride.........

My theory is that ethanol has grown weary messing with small engines and is now targeting gas caps. Probably controlled by the same people that evacuate people during forest fires.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Fortunately, those grill lighters have a long neck on them so you stick them in the gas inlet and see if there is anything wrong down there.

Up date....
    Went to Auto Zone...closest store....$15 buck got new gas cap....
    The store guy had something on the ball and suggested to disconnect the battery....as well....

Did that...and was looking at the negative terminal after I disconnected it...kinda nasty....
    Looked for my battery post cleaner/brush....is at "The Place".

Sooo, had a hunk of steel wool on the bench from another project....to clean up the nasties......
    BUT if you touch the steel wool to the disconnected negative wire....to the post....It will set it one FIRE....LOL

Seems to be working....light went out ....for now....Well will see..

Had to reset all my pre-sets on the radio......of course the LED display for the radio hasn't worked in 10 years....so had to take a portable radio and compare stations to reset....LOL

You wouldn't think a Gas Cap would be that much trouble, would ya.....?