Thread: H&R Project #1......

Default H&R Project #1......

Since find a pair of H&R/NEF receivers at Gander Mountain....scratch and dent....Trying to decide what barrel is going on.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ain-and-others

Spent some time playing around with different combinations

As one receiver was a direct click on...no additional fitting needed to the largest group of barrel that fit......That means it will fit all of the shotgun barrels, ML pistol caliber, and .22 Versi pak 22....(I mark what fits what, with fingernail) polish...LOL

So for my combo I chose the .45lc/.410 combo barrel (normally found on the "Survival Model".....

Clicked right but needed to clean some wood from the forearm to make a nice fit....(dowel and sandpaper)

The other stock, forearm and receiver set....english style...is in front

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Pic with the .22 Versi Pak ...off center bore to be used on a center fire frame.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Added a cuff, sling swivels.....

Now I have to deside what barrel is going on the case hardened receiver...
    Last edited by hunter63; 08-09-2017 at 11:38 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

All these executive decisions.

Retirement is sure stressful.

I have to decide what color Tee shirt to wear tomorrow and my head is already hurting!

I was looking at the pile of barrels and the receivers just the other day thinking I needed to mix and match things for the upcoming hunting season but it was just too much to deal with in one day.

One that I know I will not pick it the 30-06 barrel on the Rossi frame. That is an emergency only gun to be fired only when survival is at stake.

That thing kicks so hard it nearly flipped my lead sled over!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-09-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

LOL...Yeah they are not a STOP sign gun...you gotta want to kill something.

BTW...the 25-06 barrel I just bought showed up today....that clicks on the "Red frames"...actually there are 2 frame that fit a lot of barrels as well.....
    Been using fingernail polish to keep track....LOL

T shirts are a big beal...... M-W-F.. Red Gym shirts....the need to only pick S-T-T-S....

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I used to try to simplify those type choices by only buying black tee shirts until I realized people thought I was never changing clothes. Sure sign someone is going off the deep end. So I started buying the assorted color packs just so they would know I was showering and changing daily. Us old geezers have to avoid the rest home/direct care center/loony bin by hook or by crook.

I have had the .357 barrel on the Handyrifle for a while for pest control. It is very convenient for possums and coons in .357 with the illuminated recticle scope for low light shooting. If I had the money I would do what Jim Glass did and get a night vision scope for that barrel. It also has provisions to mount a suppressor if I decide to spend the money on that. A .38 special would be totally silent out of that barrel.

I think I will change over too the 30-30 barrel with deer season approaching. I have a killer load in 30-30 using 165gn pointed soft points that I can not use in the lever guns due to the bullet shape. They shoot into 2 inches out of that little single shot and about that well out of the lever guns, so I do use it as the first bullet in the chamber of the lever actions.

One of the Rossi guns has the .223 barrel on it as a permanent resident. It is sighted in for shooting reduced load cast bullets in .223 as my replacement for the .22LR of recent scarcity.

The other Rossi gun has been rotating among my "crew" as a loaner gun with the 20 gauge barrel in place. I need to track that one down and make sure it is still obtainable if needed.

I loan it out to people that don't think they need to own a gun and suddenly find they have a pressing need for a firearm. Usually new rural dwellers or friends kids just getting married. Eventually they get to feeling guilty for keeping the Rossi for as long as they do and call to ask for recommendation for a shotgun to purchase. I am at this point the leading salesman of Maverick 88, Pardner Pumps and Interstate Hawk shotguns in the U.S.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-10-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

The 30-30, 30-06, 35 Rem. .35 Whelen in on the "30 caliber frame (started as a .204 Ruger..go figure?).....as is the .357.

The rifle calibers wouldn't be suitable for this SB 1 frame.....but the .357 would.....So yeah a good candidate.

The other possibility would be the .50 cal Huntsman inline ML.......That come with it own forearm/ram rod.
    That straight SB1 stock does match the straight stocks on the .45 cal and .58 cal...Huntsman......as those have the straight stock and case hardened receiver.......as well.
    Most likely the 50 cal is going to be my choice.....

Still thinking about it.
    Decisions.......Decisions.

Have you ever considered sawing an aluminum .45? Holy Christmas. I just had a flashback. I think I'm okay...maybe.