Thread: Alone!

Default Alone!

Ha! Gotcha. Bet y'all thought I'd gone to the dark side.

Anyway. As tiring as the whole "Alone" thing is, it did get me thinking about something that happened some years ago. It seems in the early 1990s that a couple of Tlingit kids (17 yo) beat a pizza delivery guy with a baseball bat to get his $40. They were about to get sent up the river when a tribal elder appeared and wanted custody of them to administer tribal justice of banishment to separate tribal islands for 18 mos. Everybody thought it was a good idea. I thought it sounded like fun. So, the judge releases them and they disappear, all three of them. Come to find out there was no tribal punishment of banishment and the tribal elder who got them released was a con man. I don't know that they've been seen since.

Every now and then I think about how nice it would be to leave the cares and worries of modern life behind for 18 mod and just live in the woods.

Too bad it's only a con.

Alan

that reminds me of Simon Gunaoot he banished himself for several years but the tribe most likely helped him out. There is a book written about him, it's called Trapline Outlaw
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

That's the thing with most of these guys. They don't do it on their own. Some do and are the real deal. But most wind up stealing from others to subsist.

Earl Parrot was probably the real deal. The japanese soldiers that came out in the 70s really can't be considered because they swiped supplies from the natives when they could.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I forgot about those guys. I don't know. They held out for 30 years. That's a long time time in my book I don't care how they survived.

yea that guy in maine held out close to that

Never mind, I have nothing to add - I'm just a troll.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 08-06-2017 at 10:25 PM.

People lived in the woods a lot longer than they didn't. The Indians robbed and stole from each other all the time. In times of emergency the level of banditry goes way up even among civilized folk.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by jayd View Post
    Never mind, I have nothing to add - I'm just a troll.
    I read that, then looked over and saw (finally) "banned". And then I looked down and saw (post text) "last edited by crashdive".

That was just funny. Gave me my laugh today.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.