Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Networking

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I still get "supervision" calls from the circle at church my late wife ran with.

Are you eating right?

Are you sleeping right?

Are you taking your meds?

I know a lovely woman that would appreciate a good man like you, it's time you got back out there.

And like Rick says, when you walk in the room and all goes silent just hold your breath and back out of there. Don't turn around, just back out. Only thing you can compare it to is staring down a grizzly.
    Bhohahahahahaha...
    Now that is funny ....I know those ladies.......

I gonna guess "like minded"...is in their mind...

They will whip your butt into line.....and make you sell your guns.....
    Bhohahahaha
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I wonder if livewildforlife is taking notes?

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If he is not he ought to be!

This is about 250 years of combined male real world survival knowledge. How to live with a woman for 30-40 years without her killing you when you know that no jury in the world would convict her.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Can you imagine what those deliberations would be like. About 10 minutes of the women discussing why he had it coming then all of them looking at the men at once.

"I'm ready to vote if you guys are."
    "Yeah, me too."
    "Nice lady, obviously innocent."

And then a rash of sudden male deaths.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 08-09-2017 at 09:53 AM.

There was a time when all those women had to communicate with was a land line telephone, so they "developed phone trees" and within a couple of hours could contact every woman in the church.

With the rise of the internet they discovered E-mail and after the smart phone arrived they learned to mass text, tweet and slap you in the Facebook. Those women have every female that ever darkened the doors of the church house on that mass text list! They can push a single button and assemble the entire virtual hoard in an instant.

The local volunteer fire department can not get in touch with all its members as quick as those women can.

If men networked like that we would no be having a thread about networking, it would be an accomplished fact and every time the word went out that the crappie were running we would all be at the lake.

But us men are a suspicious and stubborn lot. Our lack of trust and hesitancy to communicate puts us in a position where we go to the internet to search out "like minded" individuals to "network" with but will not tell anyone were we are more specifically than "the southeast" or Atlanta, or if we are real brave, North Kentucky or Northern Florida. Then we get mad because no one will jump up and yell "me-me-me I want to join your group".

By my estimation the "Gulf Coast" from south Florida to the tip of Texas is probably 2000 miles of coastline and incorporates 20-30 million people along with the 4th largest city in the nation and 5-6 other sprawling metropolitan areas to include Tampa, Pensacola, Balouxi, Mobile, New Orleans, Houston, Galveston and a couple of others I probably missed.

And none of the men in that area have anyone on their mass text list unless it is work related!

The someone refuses to accept the fact that we have a forum that does exactly what he says he wants, discussion of survival and woodcraft related topics.

So what "like minded topics" does he really want to talk about, and in what format if not a forum?

True Dat......

livewildforlife....Most likely moved on......Not productive waters?

I do find it interesting that posts like this......generally are spread out on more that one forum ...sometimes many.....
    Maybe trolling for bites?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    True Dat......

livewildforlife....Most likely moved on......Not productive waters?

I do find it interesting that posts like this......generally are spread out on more that one forum ...sometimes many.....
    Maybe trolling for bites?
    I think part of it might be due to a search for security after a trauma. Something happens and suddenly an individual feels they need to find the protection of a group in a world where the family and social structure has broken down. Psych counseling is $80 an hour and finding someone on the internet to ask you "how that makes you feel" is easier and if you pick the "like minded" group they will validate your feelings even if you are wrong.

You keep looking until someone takes the bait, you shoot e-mails back and forth for a while, then life gets busy again ad you quit, or the FBI shows up at the door because "like minded" also proved to be illegal.

I would bet that if the truth were known 99% of these searches are for people living in urban or suburban areas that do not know their next door neighbors, have zero close friends, no community group associations, no close family ties, no religious affiliations, isolated work situations and they definitely do not belong to the local VFW or the local shooting club!

We are not necessarily talking Captain Sweatpants in mom's basement here, but more and more the situation that single divorced men that have been uprooted from home town USA due to work or marriage face when the marriage, the only connection to another person they have, ends.

Same with end of job trauma.

We get fewer of these posts looking for like minded groups when the economy is good. Most of our present intros are the type where "I have a great job, lovely wife/husband, two great kids and we need to start camping as a family. Anyone have leads on cheap gear?"

I like those posts.

I know of several man buns / hairy women like-minded folks networking with each other. One group only eats fruit. snicker. Another "lives off the land" in a loose migration around the US. They get rides from wanna be / hippie / trust fund babies who go back to college when they miss regular showers. I've seen them eating cookies in the grocery store and putting the half eaten box back on the shelf. Locals have pets come up missing when they are camped in their vicinity. Easy prey. Gardens get raided...

Then there's the scary ones. I'll save those for campfire stories.

Cool Aid comes to my mind.....Don't know why.....

I don't even want to know what man buns / hairy women is. That was an assault on the senses just reading it.

Well, that's because you're not like minded
    Last edited by madmax; 08-09-2017 at 04:10 PM.

And for that I shall be eternally grateful.