Thread: a good read

Default a good read

I don't know if anyone reads books these days, I still do. Anyhoo on a recommendation I picked up a book called The One-eyed Poacher of Privilege and the Maine Woods. It's about this old Maine hunter and his adventures outwitting the game warden, it is hilarious. I couldn't put it down. I found copy on abesbooks for 25 dollars, it is worth it
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

That's for the head up.....
    I like paper reading material.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

WOW....Just checked out Amazon ....LOL $467 for a used paper back copy...Hard backs for $125....Randy do you ever loan out your books?

lol, yea I had to shop around, nope never lend my books out.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Dang....I have references...The lady on the local book mobile does not count. I think I scared her with some of the books I asked for....I will let you keep my library card...
    I did find one for $40 but i am still debating.

maybe get it through a library loan exchange

Yes I am exploring that possibility Monday when I go by the library I think. Thank you for the heads up. I really enjoy reading books, so I am always on the look out for a good read.

I love books. Unfortunately, I'm dyslexic and it takes me forever to work through one, so I will almost always download a digital copy and have my computer read it to me.

Also, when I moved to Colorado from Alabama, I got rid of my banjo and almost all my hard copy (I left 90% of all I owned with a guy that had a booth at a flea market) and transferred all the media I didn't want to give up into digital copy. There were only a few books - field guides, user guides, handbooks, signed copies, gifts, etc. - that I kept. Now I have 32 DVD holders full of DVDs.

Heh. I once knew a guy that suggested that, if the s ever htf, we could get together all the DVDs, use a microscope to read the 1s and 0s, and retranslate them into words. That way, we could start society back up.....
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

It would be my luck to get through all the 1s and 0s. I'd be something like 96 and find out I'd just decoded Dick and Jane.

LOL....but just think of the great benefit you would have done mankind- the discovery of a real classic.

I'm not saying it isn't technically feasible - but 4600000000 1s and 0s would take some time to figure out. I wonder if the battery on my laptop would hold out that long......
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

It would hold out for as long as I would mess with it. --------------------- Oh look! A butterfly.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel