Thread: Ernie Linde could eject a casing from a pump 22, then shoot it in midair.

Default Ernie Linde could eject a casing from a pump 22, then shoot it in midair.

with that same rifle, repeatedly. He learned his trade from Ad Topperwein, Winchester's previous exhibition shooter. He'd roll the pump gun over, so that the empty went nearly straight up, then he'd close the action as he shouldered the rifle. Chief AJ claimed to have done the same, using carefully-smithed 1022's. Now THAT is rifle shooting. Any little kid can do 1 MOA from the bench, given a suppressor on a good, scoped rifle. It's literally kid stuff.

Me, I stopped working on it when I could reliably hit a 3/4" rock that I tossed up, and got to 50% on hitting pennies. The skill involved, really, is in tossing the target just as you want it.

A suppressor is required for good shooting?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Gunkid, is that you?

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

A suppressor makes slowfire, braced position shooting very easy. Until you've coached novices both with and without the "can", you can't believe the difference that they make. With nothing to make the shooter blink, flinch or twitch the trigger, they just deliver small groups, right off of the bat, (IF, that is, you're worth a hoot as a coach, which aint all that likely.)

We are talking .22 right? You don't flinch much with a .22 do you?

Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

who is gunkid?
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

He is a famous internet warrior. Every now and again he gets out of prison and gets hold of a computer.

Alan

I see, he must be out
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Anyone that never had a run in with Gunkid needs to google him. He has an extensive history and profile on Wiki. Probably the most famous troll that ever lived. Several forums shut down due to his antics. He could run members away until there was nothing left, then move to the next forum.

Just yesterday I was thinking about how much of Gunkid's style, phrasing and beliefs I was being forced to relive in the past couple of days.

The silenced .22, especially a silenced Ruger 10/22, is a dead giveaway.

Then there is the inability to hear or understand any post he has not made or words he has not himself spoken to the point where he can not even agree with someone that agrees with him. Total self absorption, just like Gunkid.

Next thing we hear will be the need for an assault wheelbarrow to take to Vancouver Island or floating down the Mississippi River in a "tarp boat" selling mercenary services along the way.

He is no longer around due to the Feds putting him away for many-many years on "felon in possession of a firearm" and several other charges and he was denied computer privileges in prison, but it might be about time for his release.

His wife dropped a dime on him for hiding an ammo stash in her storage locker and did the world a public service.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-06-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by jayd View Post
    with that same rifle, repeatedly. He learned his trade from Ad Topperwein, Winchester's previous exhibition shooter. He'd roll the pump gun over, so that the empty went nearly straight up, then he'd close the action as he shouldered the rifle. Chief AJ claimed to have done the same, using carefully-smithed 1022's. Now THAT is rifle shooting. Any little kid can do 1 MOA from the bench, given a suppressor on a good, scoped rifle. It's literally kid stuff.

Me, I stopped working on it when I could reliably hit a 3/4" rock that I tossed up, and got to 50% on hitting pennies. The skill involved, really, is in tossing the target just as you want it.
    Bohahahaha
    What has that have to do with anything?

Just read that post to my dog..........He cocked his head a bit with that funny looking in hos eye.....
    Then ran off...????....Don't know why?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I own a 10/22. It is physically impossible to make the empty case fly straight up in the air without shooting the guy standing behind you.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

well I'm not going to be the videographer for that...

Oh, crap. John Melvin Davis. You don't suppose.....I never even thought. We are may well be being irritated by the biggest dog flicker gnat that ever grew wings.