Thread: Snake in the RV, Bububububig sake!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Snake in the RV, Bububububig sake!

I have not been inside the camper for several weeks.

Opened the door and stepped inside to find a shake skin about 6' long stretched out on one of the bunks.

I backed out and closed the door. Scratch off RV use for a while. Not going back in there until first hard frost.

Don't care what you guys say, I don't like snakes!

If I see this one it will get shot, I don't care if it blows a hole in the side of that rolling aluminum shack.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Last guy I know of that shot at a "critter" in a camper, hit the water heater and tire on on side.....critter got away.....LOL
    Would have been so bad except it was Friday nite before opening morning of deer season.....after a 6 hour drive.

Idea was to get to camper, fire off the furnace, and have a beer or two.....and hit the sack for the morning hunt.
    The changing a tire, (was no blocking on that side) and cleaning up 20 gal of water at midnite wasn't in the plan.

What kind of snake?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Don't know what kind, the skin had no label.

It was intact to the tip so it was not a rattler and we do't grow copperheads that big around here.

Probably a big rat snake. That is about all that will get that big here aside from the rattlers and they do not leave an intact tip to their tail when they shed.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Now you know how I feel about dinosaurs. They don't shed do they?

Glad you found the shed and not the snake. I do not like to share space with snakes. Not bad afraid of them, I just don't like them up close. I was camping on the Red river one time. Had a canvas (manty) tarp laying over my bedroll (a Hudson bay blanket and a buff robe on a piece of painted linen canvas). We had stopped and set up camp in a small glen of Cottonwoods right below the cut bank of the river. I went back to my gear for some reason and when I moved the manty it whirred.......Well the manty did not actually make any noise but the rattlesnake under it in my bedroll did...... the lads still get a laugh out of that when they talk about my, rather fast, retreat. Regardless of what you may hear from them I did not squeal like a girl, I yelled like a man...Got a long stick and with one of the boys standing shotgun I lifted up the canvas and the snake came out of my bedroll. Dead rattler. New knife sheath for the boy who shoot it without hitting my bedroll.