Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd party photo host

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default 3rd party photo host

It appears that Photobucket has gone spastic and intends to not do free hosting any longer. I have been very dissatisfied with their product for more than a year and I am not going to pay them for a crappy product and inefficient service.

I do not do enough photo work or storage to make paying for computer photo service worthwhile.

Is there another host that is free and easy to use?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

imgur.com ?
    google photos?
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

I'm currently looking around. I have had a paid account with them for quite some time due to the number of photos I had stored with them. Last year, without notice they changed their terms of service and locked my account. After a period of time, I paid the ransom but I did delete a lot of photos. Because of the service that I paid for I can still post on third party (here) sites.....but only for about a year and then I will have to buy their 400 dollar a year plan.

That ain't going to happen.

The company that overnight started holding millions and millions of pictures for ransom will not be getting any more of my $$$.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yup. Waiting for our computer wiz down here to direct me to "A Better Way".

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I'm currently looking around. I have had a paid account with them for quite some time due to the number of photos I had stored with them. Last year, without notice they changed their terms of service and locked my account. After a period of time, I paid the ransom but I did delete a lot of photos. Because of the service that I paid for I can still post on third party (here) sites.....but only for about a year and then I will have to buy their 400 dollar a year plan.

That ain't going to happen.

The company that overnight started holding millions and millions of pictures for ransom will not be getting any more of my $$$.
    Kinda in the same boat.....still showing up with my paid ad-free account....Then we will see.
    Couple of forums have a direct pic post attachment....direct from your file.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

OOps..missed this one when I posted my own whiney post about them kicking me to the curb...

Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-15-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guess I got that straightened out. imgur seems the way to go.

yea, I miss the cooler weather too
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Cool. Glad the suggestion helped some what,
    I am not a web developer, but I am in IT ( systems admin, project manager/ compliance/ high end server and networking support)..... have done some web design here and there.
    The other option maybe to change the hosting of this site to one that has more space and remove old image files (if space is a problem).. Or get the actual forum users to be forced to use their own image sharing solution/ or external links.
    I dont really know if there is any better way for hosting of images online via any service, as they all have their terms and condtions,
    I mainly keep my images on facebook, or google photos and instagram. (as it suits my needs)
    If I was running a site, it would have enough storage capacity to suit my need and I would implement a content management system (would have to have php, mysql, html, css support etc.) like Jaamola or wordpress, and I would customise my own templates and load whatever plugins needed for image galleries, and could even implement a payment gateway etc if It was needed. etc.
    Unless you Have a static IP and and a good connection can actually run your own Webserver (for whatever need you desire) or even use dynamic dns off the webserver or router(where applicable) to update the dns record as the ip changes.. just takes a bit of config on routers to direct traffic to correct machine..etc etc.. but yeah just depends on exactly what you want to do.... (this I have also done in past for various companies)
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 08-22-2017 at 05:41 AM.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.........
    I know how to turn it on?

I don't need the hassle....I just won't buy a $500 buck phone.... and pay the ransom....

Don't like it.....but then again it cost me $100 bucks to do my weed wacking..........
    Last edited by hunter63; 08-22-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Storage will not be a problem for me. I had been with photo bucket for 6-8 years and had used up about 4% of my free space. Now I am wishing Photo-butt would allow me to delete all my material in their hands. Nothing I do not want seen, just general principles of them being butt-holes and having my photos.

I got a new phone with better camera than the real camera I own as well as video capabilities and it was free when I changed to a cheaper plan with AT&T. Now I just have to learn how to transfer photos from phone, to computer, to Imjur, to forum. Nothing could go wrong there, correct?

Hunter, that picture is about 4 years old. That tree branch cost me about $250 in repairs to the car and I did not even like the car in the first place. I traded the car and cut down the trees. They were too close to the house anyway and about 70 feet tall. We could not get to the top with a 50' cherry picker. It eliminated a lot of danger and worry, so what happens, big tree in the back yard blew down!

I can't get pic's off my phone (flip phone w/camera) directly (fought that battle..lost).....so need to e-mail to myself...but Earthlink e-mail won't receive them?...(fought that battle...lost).....
    But I can e-mail them to my self on a Yahoo account.(WTH).....Then copy and past to My Pictures....then upload to Photobutt, then to forum.

With the camera (cheap) I can pull out the SD card save to my pictures file....and drag to Photobutt then to forum

At one point I lost a lot of older pic's...... so Photobutt is the only place I have them saved.

What ever happened to shoe boxes?

This young bunch of tecno-nerds never heard of storing photos in shoe boxes. That is for us old geezers.

Do you remember back when we used to go to school first day of the year and one of the supplies you had to have was a new cigar box?

Used to be everyone had a cigar box laying around. The country store would keep a pile of them and give them to the kids at school start up.

I still have some,,,,kinda beat up....but still hold old treasures that I still don't know what to do with.

Some were saving photos on DVD's from Walgreens......
    friend bought a new Mac Book....no player on it.....
    DVD going away like CD or small floppy disc's.....Then what?

Save to the "Cloud"?...Not comfortable with that.
    Sooo

there is a way to download your photos from photobucket, I downloaded some and have another batch to download.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Are you down loading your pic"?....or a Photobutt short cut?

I downloaded my albums from photobucket back into my files on my computer. I will still need to upload them back into imgur in order to share them but I didn't lose them all.

here's a link
    http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en...loading-Albums

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I can't get pic's off my phone (flip phone w/camera) directly (fought that battle..lost).....so need to e-mail to myself...but Earthlink e-mail won't receive them?...(fought that battle...lost).....
    But I can e-mail them to my self on a Yahoo account.(WTH).....Then copy and past to My Pictures....then upload to Photobutt, then to forum.

With the camera (cheap) I can pull out the SD card save to my pictures file....and drag to Photobutt then to forum

At one point I lost a lot of older pic's...... so Photobutt is the only place I have them saved.

People of today (younger people, i would guess my age and younger which I dont kow if I qualify for "young" i am 36)
    but most people these days have really good smart phones, as in an iphone or samsung with high quality cameras, the take pics, then simply upload them directly from phone to instagram or facebook. They do not even bother with traditional type of "photo hosting site" as instagram and facebook are the largest social networks for them to share and let everyone see what goes down in their life, and then its evaluated to them by the amount of "likes" they get and the amount of followers they get.
    The higher those are the greater their sense of Self becomes...whereby if its very very low, they feel not validated ergo a depressed terrible person. Just my general observations of things.
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 08-23-2017 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post

FLIP phone? you about 10-15 years behind.
    Camera phones now have easy to use usb interfaces plug into pc copy photos, others have removable mirco-sd card remove put in card reader.
    And older phones, blue tooth, or wi-fi (with 3rd party aps)
    Kinda going like going to the moon to get to the store.... by emailing it from phone...
    Time for a new phone or a small nice Canon digital camera. with sd card.