Thread: Another Neck Knife

Mr. Crash, Some day, I want to just make one knife, just one, that rivals the work you do. That is a very nice knife.

Alan

Purrrdy..........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

It is a gorgeous knife brother but please don't interperet this wrong, but I've never got the neck knife thing unless for a purely concealable aspect, which still to me is a slower draw than other options.

I carry one like that when I was hog hunting with dogs I could catch them by the back legs throw them sit on them then the blade came out and into the neck

Do you sell them if so do you have a web site.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Manwithnoname View Post
    It is a gorgeous knife brother but please don't interperet this wrong, but I've never got the neck knife thing unless for a purely concealable aspect, which still to me is a slower draw than other options.
    Generally neck knives fill the need for a small utility knife filling the same niche as an old fashioned pocket knife, and not a self defense tool. Speed of draw is secondary to convenience since the knife is used many times during the course of a day and the neck sheath is easier to return the knife to the sheath than a belt knife. Helps prevent one from laying the blade down and forgetting it. I see that trend a lot among the You-tube and TV experts.

They are especially popular in cultures that have no pockets or where the bulk of winter clothing makes a belt knife inconvenient.

That is one reason the Mora knives are set up with a sheath that will suspend from a button sewn to the outside of the coat, hang from a lanyard around the neck, or thread through a belt at the choice of the user.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 07-23-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Yeah, I'm not too concerned with "speed of draw" with any of my knives. They are simply tools that I use in the course of a day. I find that neck knives can be quite handy when I'm in the woods for the reasons that Krat listed.

For items that I am concerned with "speed of draw" I practice often and I can assure you that it is not a knife.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Another Good'n!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    I carry one like that when I was hog hunting with dogs I could catch them by the back legs throw them sit on them then the blade came out and into the neck
    #1 son always used a behind the shoulder stick. The same place you'd shoot for a broadside heart shot. There'd be all this squealing and carrying on and then… Silence. Then #1 son's little ***** strike dog would go "yip" and the whole thing would start over again. That is a young man's game. I never got there soon enough to stick them (which was fine by me). I was content to be dragged along by two catch dogs until they bayed one up and then cut those damn things loose. Then squealing and carrying on would start again, then silence, then "yip", ………….. I'll go get the truck!

Alan