Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entertaining afternoon

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

At our age if we run into a "single, innocent woman" she is going to be much too young for us to associate with and not go to jail.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Was attending Tech school 2001-02....
    One class was computer 101....I guess my old credits in Fortran and Cobol needed up grading

Many young high school graduates....
    On young lady was in my work group, but used to see her working at a Kentucky Fried Chicken...and would wait on me...we would shoot the breeze a bit.

Went in one day.....she was in the back....so another girl calls out...."Kelly your grandpa is here......"
    Bhohahaha

Yup... dangerous territory around here.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

It's surely not the age. It must be the suspenders with the pants up around the armpits, the velcro shoes, the hearing aids and the cain.

Spenders-check,... armpits-check,.... velcro shoes-check...cane-check......
    What?....I don't have a hearing aid.....

Doesn't need a cain if he is abel...

Speaking of nice, innocent women, has anyone heard from Winnie lately?
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post

Speaking of nice, innocent women, has anyone heard from Winnie lately?
    I was in contact with her last week. She is alive, well and doing fine. She is very busy these days working part time, working her garden plot, and being one of the moderators at one of the better British prepper/survival forums.

Well good for her. I know she has been working her garden plot for a couple of years now so I'm sure she has it in fine shape. I should not wish to be on the wrong end of her BAN button!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I should not wish to be on the wrong end of her BAN button!
    She is on one of the forums that take no prisoners. Just as few Brits can cope with an American forum it is much the same when one goes over there for a discussion. You have to take the cultural differences into consideration. They deal with the A-holes about like we do here on WSF. A stern warning and then Bye-bye.

While the British are fabled to be very polite that does not seem to carry over to the internet. Not among themselves and especially not toward Americans. They generally despise us and do not hesitate to show it.

Winnie is actually an American that was born in the wrong spot and is the exception to all the norms.

That particular forum has minimal discussion of bushcraft, almost zero discussion of firearms and/or knives and the philosophy of bugging out never seems to cross their minds. Population is too dense for that to be feasible. After all, half of them would be bugging out to the interior and the other half would be bugging to the coast. The chaos that would occur when the two groups crossed paths would make a good comedy. It's an island, you can only go to the middle before you are headed to the opposite coast and every square inch of land is privately owned! You can walk from one side of the place to the other in a week.

Lots of talk about small solar lighting and battery charging systems. Good deal of first aid and disaster response conversation with the same crumbling about the inept local/national government capabilities.

Some really good discussion about urban/suburban vehicle use during local disaster situations. They have floods and snow with gridlock on the expressway just like we do, but a different outlook on vehicles with small AWD being favored rather than pickups and SUV types.

And books and lists, lots of lists. The British are obsessed with lists. They even have a section on most forums set aside for listing all the lists. It is as if putting something on a list is equal to actually having that item in ones hands and having a book is equal to having the skill set described in the book.

Oh well, I am rambling again.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 07-23-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

And books and lists, lots of lists. The British are obsessed with lists. They even have a section on most forums set aside for listing all the lists. It is as if putting something on a list is equal to actually having that item in ones hands and having a book is equal to having the skill set described in the book.

Oh well, I am rambling again.
    Here it seem to be You tube vids and cell phone apps.....
    "I don't need to know....I can Google it and get a You tube".