Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wimpy Kid' Guide To Outdoor Survival-Boys Life Magizine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That's brilliant. I see you have some Frenchies there. I snapped up some of those a few years back when Cheaper than Dirt had them. They are actually pretty good canteens.
    Yup...that where these came from...gave a couple away....but liked the larger size...double set of snaps....
    I think they were about $10 buck for three...and "I really needed them"...LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I know. They are stored with the 25 other canteens and covers that I needed.

Yep......got a bunch. I know I must have really needed them..........now if I could only remember why that was.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The were a good deal?....
    So good you can't resist......Never know when you need to have another bag to outfit...

Oh, yeah. I can resist. I don't have a problem. I can quite any time I want. Oh, hang on. I just got an email from Sportsman's Guide. Big Ruger sale. Be right back!

Bored old guys with a computer and a credit card....living in the past......
    Yup.....add a couple of beers..====..Basement/garage/shed/ vehicles full of really cool stuff!

So, I'm guessing none of y'all want to buy any more canteens or covers….?

Okay, I gotta get another angle.

Alan

The only problem I have with buying stuff on the internet is that #1 wife is retired too, and there's a better than even odds chance that the twenty minutes that it takes me to drive to the PO and back is when FedEx and UPS are going to show up with the Midway, Brownell's and Cabelas boxes. If I just had an old fashioned Army/Navy surplus store in town it would be a lot easier on her if I could sneak that stuff in the store room. You'd think after 41 years she'd be used to it by now. But Noooooooo, it's the same old thing, "Why do you need another case of ammunition?"

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Bored old guys with a computer and a credit card....living in the past......
    Yup.....add a couple of beers..====..Basement/garage/shed/ vehicles full of really cool stuff!
    It's like that scene from Fried Green Tomatoes, we're older and have better insurance, gold cards and overdraft protection.

If ten year old me could see half the stuff I own now he would crap his pants!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Ain't that the truth. I would either think:

1. How could you steal that much stuff. OR
    2. How could some one lose that much stuff.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    It's like that scene from Fried Green Tomatoes, we're older and have better insurance, gold cards and overdraft protection.

If ten year old me could see half the stuff I own now he would crap his pants!
    ...And I still can't seem to get rid of that little amount of stuff....I still have.....

I have three sons. For a lot of years I bought 2, then 3, then 4 of every piece of hunting, fishing, camping equipment and apparel that I got. It's a hard habit to break and a difficult habit to have especially since I'm storing most of their stuff at my place. It's kinda ridiculous since we all have less time to do all those things any more. They all have full time jobs and families and I am retired. I always thought that retirement was going to be different. That I would while away my days alternating between fishing and the ranch, hunting this or that during the season and cooking wildly delectable dishes from the bounty of nature and the labor of my garden.

Instead, I burn up the highways and have developed an uncanny sense as to which fried chicken establishments have the best chicken tenders.

I really need to break this cycle of self abuse.

Alan

I broke 100 posts. Do I get a badge or something?

Alan

It's time to pin a rose on your nose and give yourself a dog biscuit......

Congratulations.......most people would have given up and moved on.
    You hang in there real well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    I have three sons. For a lot of years I bought 2, then 3, then 4 of every piece of hunting, fishing, camping equipment and apparel that I got. It's a hard habit to break and a difficult habit to have especially since I'm storing most of their stuff at my place. It's kinda ridiculous since we all have less time to do all those things any more. They all have full time jobs and families and I am retired. I always thought that retirement was going to be different. That I would while away my days alternating between fishing and the ranch, hunting this or that during the season and cooking wildly delectable dishes from the bounty of nature and the labor of my garden.

Instead, I burn up the highways and have developed an uncanny sense as to which fried chicken establishments have the best chicken tenders.

I really need to break this cycle of self abuse.

Alan
    I hear ya.....Life is nit fair...back when you used only what you had... or scrounged, went out a did stuff......AND worked.

So many time I hear people say, "When I retire I'm gonna....fill in blank)"

Nope... you won't...
    You may take a a couple of half hearted tries....the go back to what you always did, except not really worrying about work...or finding "something to keep yourself busy"

If you want to do something....you will find a way no matter what.

Lunch out with DW, is a viable option as she is retired as well.....and doesn't care to worry about things much either.
    Naps are good.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    It's time to pin a rose on your nose and give yourself a dog biscuit......

Congratulations.......most people would have given up and moved on.
    You hang in there real well.
    I don't often LOL, but…. LOL.

The dog is looking at me funny though. He's thinking, "Hell, I don't even eat those. I just carry them out back and bury them."

Alan