Thread: Wot in tarnation! Wal-Mart carries reloading supplies?

Default Wot in tarnation! Wal-Mart carries reloading supplies?

I'm on my semi-annual vacation\road-trip right now. I stopped at the Wally World in Helena, Montana to pick up a few things I forgot to pack and decided to hit the sporting goods section while I was there. I was really surprised to see that they sell primers, brass, bullets, and reloading accessories. Is that common in the various places where you folks live? In South Dakota they have ammo but nothing beyond that and certainly not primers and bullets!

They sell whatever the state laws allow.
    On a recent trip I stopped in a Super Walmart in Woodstock VA and they were selling a lot of the same things.
    And fireworks.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

I haven't seen reloading supplies around me, but I haven't really looked either.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

In the city....ammo, but no supplies or guns.
    Small town Walmart at "THe Place"....no reloading supplies, but does have good selection of long guns.....no hand guns.

I wonder if finding reloading supplies in a Walmart is a positive sign of improvement.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Mine has full inventory including a wide selection or RCBS presses and dies and Siarra bullets.

What they do not have is powder!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Tool & Die Maker

All of the Walmarts in Illinois I have been to sell ammo, rifles, shotguns, no handguns, and the ammo is competitively priced. Not sure about Chicago, it is kinda like a separate state from the rest of Illinois. Chicago (Cook County) is controlled by the liberals so they can get gun control laws passed, like the 5 cent per round bullet tax. 1 cent per round for 22's. I don't recall seeing guns at the Walmart in Homosassa Florida but they sell ammo.

For the most part powder can only be purchased at gun shops and not retail stores probably because of fire codes, just a guess.
    Last edited by jim Glass; 07-18-2017 at 12:41 PM.

The same Wal-Mart also has CCI Mini Mags.

Yeah, most folks don't realize this country is made up of 51 states. Illinois and Cook County. Jim is spot on. There was nothing like taking a buck out of your pocket in S. Illinois and having one of the Daley's say thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    They sell whatever the state laws allow.
    On a recent trip I stopped in a Super Walmart in Woodstock VA and they were selling a lot of the same things.
    And fireworks.
    Our Walmarts sell tons of fireworks around any of the so called firework nights. I always wondered if some of these "Walmart" hillbillies, or second class citizens (if ya know what I mean) would walk in and light the place up.

I haven't really looked for reloading stuff. But, my local one is carrying Remington brass cased .223 for $37 for 100 rounds. They are also selling Tula for $4.57 for 20.

One thing about Wal-Mart is that they are good at varying supply based on locality. The rich suburb walmarts have totally different stuff than the inner city ones. I am sure it carries over state lines as well. Most Utah walmarts have freeze dried and dehydrated food storage cans because they know the local population buys it.
    Last edited by finallyME; 07-24-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post

One thing about Wal-Mart is that they are good at varying supply based on locality. The rich suburb walmarts have totally different stuff than the inner city ones. I am sure it carries over state lines as well. Most Utah walmarts have freeze dried and dehydrated food storage cans because they know the local population buys it.
    That's probably correct...inner cities have LOT of 9mm for sale it would seem.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27