Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Think I'm gonna need some Minions.....

Default Think I'm gonna need some Minions.....

We are at "The Place".......
    Got a call from neighbor across the street back at the city house... there was heavy rain and flooding......close by.
    Water was up 1/2 way in our yards.......

So much that sometimes we have to put up a "No wake" sign.

He doesn't have a key.....but gave me a call.

My hunting buddy had moved from the neighborhood, but still watches our house.
    Gave him a call was at work.....usually in on the road....and his wife out of town....but would stop by and check.

Called back and we did have some sewer back-up.....( I hate that"

Anyway...we are heading home in the morning....so need some Minions to help clean up the mess....
    Pick and Save..... is 8 blocks away so many of the pic's are close by.

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/...y-july-10-2017
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Good luck.

My daughter has a garage at her apartment that she uses for storage and she lost almost all of that stuff. She couldn't drive her car out. Only our trucks could get through and there was a couple of spots that I had my doubts.

https://www.local10.com/weather/marg...flooding-issue

Good luck back....PITA.

I hope it works out. We had a storm last night. A tree fell and took out four sections of fence. I woke up and said happy birthday. It could have been worse. It's just money and the hearse doesn't have a trailer hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    I hope it works out. We had a storm last night. A tree fell and took out four sections of fence. I woke up and said happy birthday. It could have been worse. It's just money and the hearse doesn't have a trailer hitch.
    Amen....LOL.
    Neighbor out here came over.....had some beers,....Laughed, *****ed, whined, lied and had a good time.....
    Tomorrow is another day.

Good luck.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Went through that Friday. We are adding an addition on to our church. They cut a 10 X 3 foot hole in the foundation for an air duct on Thursday and we had the rain of the century on Friday. I hit the basement in time to see the water flowing out from under the door. I had purchased a couple of 17' water dams and tossed those down (those things works crazy good) and went to work with the wet/dry vacs, squeegees and mops. There was a sump pump in the new foundation outside but there was no way for it to keep up. The rain came down so hard it over whelmed it on two different occasions. At one point I think I saw a shark swimming around but don't quote me on that. At least there weren't "chunkies" floating around. Good luck up nort dare!

Got home....
    Did a quick assessment....seems it was a quick back up....then went down.....just a puddle of standing water....
    Vacuumed that up, letting it dry some than go back a mop up the black sludge with Clorox Clean Up.

Couple of rugs and boxed wick up and carried out.

Have had this happen before...so most everything up on pallets or blocks.....and framing on bathroom was was done with treated lumber and masonite wood grain print....was about $3 bucks a sheet back when...but got 3 cuts out of it....so would cover 12 ft....

Could have been much worse.

Most everyone had some back up.....That's a long story.

Hmmm....maybe I'd best quit whining about the lack of rain here.

Do you have a lot of street flooding there?
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Man! We went through it again today X 10. The whole basement at church was flooded. We have the water restoration folks on site now. I have never ever seen the kind of rain we had today. I hope this isn't a harbinger of how the weather is going to be with the new improved global warming. They were taking people out of their homes with fire trucks. We are 50 feet above the lake!!!!!! The streets were lakes. I've lived here 27 years. I've never seen that.

Forty days and forty nights ring a bell?
    Not a joking matter. This house here has a water feature in the cellar from November to end of June. Constantly running sump pump. In the spring after the melt it can get down to only 8 seconds between cycles. There have been a few times when spring rains overwhelmed it enough to kick in the secondary. Which reminds me, I have to replace that. The secondary quit working a few months ago.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Street flooding left a high water mark on my front yard.....Sump pump running all day.

Scrubbing out the basement shower...Took a break.....Tomorrow is another day.

Got a call from a across the street neighbor...
    He was in Florida on vacation....called to tell me that he had water and got his man cave flooded.....first time.

His first question was....who do I call...the city?
    Told him...Good luck,... they will tell you to get in line...AND Maybe get a sewer rooter job for free,,,,has to be you problem.

Then it was ..."What about my homeowners insurance.?"
    Do you have flood and sewer back-up insurance?
    Guess I had better read the policy......Yup...

Now one has to be careful with making a claim...High deductible...And a rate increase you file too many times.

Also ...an adjuster will come in and value your loss.....basements many times get the used up stairs stuff...so you most likely get low balled.

He is still denial ..."Someone must PAY"

Suck it it up....You just have to go to work and clean it up.....
    Last edited by hunter63; 07-11-2017 at 11:01 PM.

I don't envy you. A flooded basement was how I busted my foot - but that was sewage. It stopped after the first blurgh.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Mine was sewer back up as well.......won't go in to detail...but yeah.

New set of storms coming thru now....both cell phone just fired off a text warning.

Weather radio is on shelf...not plugged it....batteries out.
    On too many "Amber Alerts" and "wondering Geezers.....Alerts.
    That too bad, but its; about me getting my butte blaown away....the reat can fend for themselves.

Sorry..... they don't belong on "Weather Radio" warnings

Wow! Isn't it sorta late in the year for that kind of weather there?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    Wow! Isn't it sorta late in the year for that kind of weather there?
    Not really....spring and fall are of course, prime time....but problem is that with the ground soaked for last fall and this spring....doesn't take much to start again..

I just got back from my "Place"....they just got done planting the bottom field next to the river....too wet for tractors.
    It's all Al Gores fault.

Another storm last night. Another day of clean up. Trying to sell the house. I started writing a song about picking up sticks.

This morning....

It's raining again right now......street flooding again.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Most cars were stopping , looking at the water... then going back...
    One guy stopped behind the line of traffic.....started honking his horn...the blasted thru the water...
    Here he is still there.....Dumas
    That as far as it made it......

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

It blew part of the roof off of the dog kennel. I get to fix that too.

Fun never ends....Working on it yesterday.
    Just kept getting real tired and sweaty...in 10 minutes?....

So stopped out at the emergency room...They admitted me........CRAP
    DW brought the laptop today.

Sooo, still here all tests for heart. ...blood work, EKG, ECHO, Cat Scan....all good...

Had the first half of a Lexi Scan at noon...Next half....Tomorrow.....
    NO COFFEE or water, food...nothing since midnight.....

So we will see....Fun never ends...

We will see....DW is working on the floor and about done.

Many rivers over record flood stages....including 3 major routes I used to came home tuesday....still rising.

http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/...kenosha-county