Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Check this out

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Not likely to see headlines that read, "Mrs. Smith baked a casserole for Mrs. Jones who broke her ankle last Sunday." "Goodville Youth Group Car Wash to Benefit Summer Camp". Not likely.
    Still see that in the little rural papers...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Sigh, Rick, used to, those were the articles people in the community were interested in.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Our church bulletin still has those kind of things in it. You won't see CNN run with that though. We have to run an article about some guy that has an arrest record longer than I am tall and worry about his how his rights were violated because he can no longer have strawberry icecream in his cellblock.

I've got your bloody icecream right here.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Our church bulletin still has those kind of things in it. You won't see CNN run with that though.
    They would if they thought they could get mileage out of the Russia/Trump angle with it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The dude has a cricket bat. I just put'em on a hook.

I sort of expected to read "Comrade" in there somewhere.

Cool

Some information about police shootings of dogs might be obtained from this article from the online site of The Atlantic (13 July 2017).
    Article is by Conor Fridersdorf.
    What Dog Shootings Reveal about American Policing. www.theatlantic.com

I am not a police officer and have never been seriously threatened by a dog. The article does seem to give useful information and statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Faiaoga View Post
    Some information about police shootings of dogs might be obtained from this article from the online site of The Atlantic (13 July 2017).
    Article is by Conor Fridersdorf.
    What Dog Shootings Reveal about American Policing. www.theatlantic.com

I am not a police officer and have never been seriously threatened by a dog. The article does seem to give useful information and statistics.
    I see he referenced Radley Balko. I've read his Washington Post articles. Balko and Grisham have written a book together.